My 4x4 hilux (93 model)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The setup there is only tempary untill I either turn the intake around or get some pipes made up. I would run a airbox in the drivers corner but I need to beable to plumb my snorkel up for when I`m doing comps with deep water.

Oh and lets see yours.

Attachments

• Kadett.jpg
    Kadett.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Kadett3.jpg
    Kadett3.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 8
sorry bansheebuzz but guts has it hands down, not just in looks, but in practicality. I mean do you plan on comps with deep water crossings? or would you be able to consider one with that airbox? hey guts, does that mean you may consider tuff truck 07?? i mean it almost looks too good to be scratched mate

My experience is very waterproof.

The cam and crank sensors don't mind a swim and the distributors are well protected from spray ans are the plugs.

My engine is exposed to the elements as the bonnet has a 100mm wide ventilation gap along its rear and rain just falls on the engine.

To date it hasn't suffered from water.

Nope not doing TTC07. I have too many other things happening and am also in the process of buiding a rock crawling buggy with a 327 chev.
Am doing in 06, piranaa pursuit, vic winch challenge and Nissan Trials.
The drivers side is allready scratched and dented.

Motors are fairly good when it comes to water, however have heard of the rotors getting damp via some small breather hole and shutting it down.

For those that might be interested I got 2nd at the pursuit and the rear mounted radiator works a treat. If I set the thermo controller at 85 the motor sits at approx 85 deg cel, if Iset the controller at 95 the motor sits at approx 95. Doesn`t matter if its working super hard or not it cools fantasticly now.

Guts said:
For those that might be interested I got 2nd at the pursuit and the remounted radiator works a treat. If I set the thermo controller at 85 the motor sits at approx 85 deg cel, if Iset the controller at 95 the motor sits at approx 95. Doesn`t matter if its working super hard or not it cools fantasticly now.
is that the temp controller sideshow sells? any info on it? i need to replace a packed up davies craig one i was using. My EL falcon radiator has no issue with cooling, but i neet something to turn the fans on and off automatically.
thanks Dean

Nope not the one sideshow sells, just the davis craig one.

I have wired an over ride switch in so if I know it is going to be getting given a hard time I just switch the fans on before it gets hot.

Dean,

You can buy akit from Jaycar for under $40.00 (you need to assemble it yourself but it's easy).

It has an adjustable on and off capability.

It uses a heat sensing transducer that can be attached to the outside od a pipe and it reads the temp from there. I have mine slipped under the end of a radiator hose but not under the clamp. This holds it in place without it getting wet.

I use one and it's worked perfectly for me.

Hey Guts,

I'm finally about to do the Bundy front SAS, just wondering if you know whether a factory 'rear' sump will be ok, or do I need a custom Castlemaine jobby or something?

And they clear by plenty?

ps.. Check out the kit I just found killalux selling in the Misc. section on Outers. What you think? :veryhappy

Clearance will depend on what hight you set your motor at and if you push the front diff furward or not.

I`ve set my motor as low as I could and my front diff is forward 40mm and it all clears fine and thats with cross over high steer. But that is also with a low pinion diff, a high pinion would make it close to the exhaust. It would still be doable just close thats all.

Seen it but haven`t looked at it yet.