Keping AC in 1990 4x4 hilux??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

961uz4b

Hi there, I'm half way through installing my 1uz in my 1990 4x4 dual cab hilux using the crs kit. And I'm determined to keep my AC working.

I plan on running twin 9" thermo fans and the stock radiator, however the condenser for the AC looks like it will be in the way.

I’m curious if anyone has successfully done this conversion without sacrificing there AC and if there are any pics around of it?

I'm told that is has been done.

Cheers

I mounted my condenser under the tray. I used a 16inch fan on my radiator. The
radiator fan pictured is actually a 14inch fan and I have upgraded to a 16inch.
aircon.jpg
aircon2.jpg
29.jpg

heres mine only got a foto of the engine side this ally radiator is the same thickness as the stock one but dual bypass and is slightly higher the thermo is a 16'' ice thermo and it has 15mm between the thermo hub and the engine pulley its mounted in stock position and has the condensor in the stock position as well.

290.jpg

heres mine only got a foto of the engine side this ally radiator is the same thickness as the stock one but dual bypass and is slightly higher the thermo is a 16'' ice thermo and it has 15mm between the thermo hub and the engine pulley its mounted in stock position and has the condensor in the stock position as well.

290.jpg

So you have basically put the thermo fan on the engine side of the radiator, is it sucking air threw the radiator blowing it toward the motor? Does this affect the efficiency of the cooling a bit?

So you have basically put the thermo fan on the engine side of the radiator, is it sucking air threw the radiator blowing it toward the motor? Does this affect the efficiency of the cooling a bit?

yeah it sucks the air thru i havent had the car running yet but when i connected the fan to the battery it was pullin plenty of air thru remembering it also has a ally shroud the fan is actually attached to so it draws from the whole surface of the radiator not just from the fan area itself

yeah it sucks the air thru i havent had the car running yet but when i connected the fan to the battery it was pullin plenty of air thru remembering it also has a ally shroud the fan is actually attached to so it draws from the whole surface of the radiator not just from the fan area itself

I fitted my condenser under the dropside tray as Madmonts, but the other option is to get a condenser from an auto Surf which mounts above the stone guard just in front of the motor. It will fit there, I very nearly put mine there, but you will need to modify the stone guard, so in the end I opted on the rear of the vehicle. If you have a tub back, it wil be harder to find a place for it though.

Has anyone managed to leave the condenser in the stock position and put the thermo fans on the front of it?
I am running two slim 9" thermo fans looks like they may just fit with slight modification to the grill.
My radiator seems a little strange as well, the brackets on the sides of it hold the radiator out towards the motor about and inch or so, looks almost like you could slip the condenser down between the radiator and the radiator support panel. But it's all very close the motor and I don’t think the radiator hoses will fit.

can u remount the radiator further from the engine then or move the condensor closer to the radiato that'll give ya some more room between grill and condensor