1uz Into Hilux 4x4 2000mod Aus.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Mate, Twisty and I were talking about this in msn; I'm pretty sure your radiator plumbing is back to front. It seems Toyota like to put the thermostat before the water pump, as opposed to the traditional water outlet.

So your pump is trying to draw water from the top of the radiator, meaning it's flowing in reverse. I'm pretty sure that should solve your cooling issues.

I have mine the opposite to yours (thermostat connection to the bottom of the tank.) I actually thought I had it around the wrong way after talking to an engine builder. But I researched today and discovered the thermostat housing is actually the feed to the water pump, making it the inlet.

I'm told the way it should work is the outlet of hot water goes to the top of the radiator, flows down and cools, and is drawn in from the bottom. That is of course for a traditional radiator with the header tanks on the top and bottom. And probably why the thermostat inlet faces downwards?

Unless yours is some special design?

Can someone confirm or rebut?

Attachments

• IMG_1002.jpg
    IMG_1002.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 24
  • dec04.7.jpg
    dec04.7.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 24
Roadway Exhaust in Canberra priced a set for my 90' 4Runner. They said around $120 a port, but being on apprentice wages is decided to stick with the crown headers.