Matts Surf

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
he must wire it differently to me
i use the surf loom and mate that to the lexus
this way it plugs in under the dash and also the transfer wiring is all there
last time i did a surf at the shop bloody took me 2 days

The engine and auto wiring is standalone,I prefer it that way.
I have separated the transfer to 4WD ecu wiring out of the surf loom, it will still plug in under the dash.
I have only had a quick look at the diagram, but the only other input I can see that the 4WD ecu needs is a speed signal.

I'm guessing your 2 days included the engine and auto wiring, the 4wd side doesn't look that complicated (compared to Triton's and Rodeo's).

it wasnt a mail order loom thats y it took ages caus ei had car at work and
had to do the engine and auto and starter and alternator and fans etc etc
time consuming part was running wires from surf auto ecu to lexus ecu
but there is a big grey and a big white plug on left hand kick panel and i use them
makes it a tad easier and neater
but hey no one is as neat as me heheheheheh
ive seen everyone elses work hahahahaah

It must have been an early model with a separate engine and auto ecu.

That's why I bought the loom from Scott, to save time :D:D
I am going to use those 2 plugs for as much stuff as possible I like things neat and simple.

Were you using the Surf auto?

There is a auto ecu under the interior fuse box, but the only relevant wire I can see is the G/B wire for the speed signal.

I make my own and you don't need the LN130 trans ECU, if you plan to run the 1UZs standard ECU everything is controlled by that and you only need to attach the Surfs 4wd and speedo wiring to the transmission loom to hold it in place. The Surf VSS is in the speedo and compatible with the 1UZ ECU so put ignition feeds into the 1UZ ECU and away you go. As Sideshow says if you want to strip the looms and keep everything tidy it's 2 full days of work and starting with a 2L-TE or 1KZ-TE Surf you don't need a "pre-modded loom" you just need a multimeter and pinouts for both the Surf and 1UZ. Match them, Wire up the fuel pump which you can control with two relays from the UZ ECU (remember the trigger wires go on the earth side) Turn the key and enjoy. Remember it will idle like sh!t if it does so at all until about 5 cycles to full operating temp or a decent drive

Remember it will idle like sh!t if it does so at all until about 5 cycles to full operating temp or a decent drive

I'm sure that has caused more then a few grey hairs. Most engines have a quick process for relearning the idle, I havn't come across one for the 1UZ though.

I smoothed out and painted the rear water bridge, I was going to polish it, but you can't see it with the engine in.

rwb1.jpg

rwb2.jpg

I got the bits back from powder coat today, it's too bad it was raining, I can't wait to see them in the sun.

I ended up using High Octane Performance Coatings in Rydalmere, after sending out 5 emails to different places, they were the only ones that replied.
http://www.performancecoating.com.au/

c1-2.jpg

I'm pretty impressed how clean they are inside as well.

c2-3.jpg

c3-1.jpg

I got one of the fuel rails polished today, it took a bit longer then I was expecting, for a billet rail they have some pretty rough castings in them.

I also got some better pics of the manifold ribs.

fr1.jpg

fr2.jpg

fr3.jpg

fr4.jpg

fr5.jpg

I had the day off today, so I got the reg and damper polished.

I almost got the colour of the paint in these pics, except the metallic looks like bright yellow spots, and everything else looks dull.

fp1-1.jpg

fp2-1.jpg

fp3-1.jpg