A650 to VF2A surf transfer adaptor

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gloverman

Hello all.

I have now done a couple of A650 5 speed auto conversions to 4x4 and have considered making up a full adaptor unit to complete the job. I have already worked out tooling and casting costs for the main adaptor unit. I am just finishing off the pricing for the adaptor sleeve. This includes the machining for the second one way clutch which is in the rear tail housing.

I have set it for the 130 series Surf transfer case with the electric 4x4 engagement as these are very easy to work with and so far have been more than up to the job. With some past jobs I have fed 50% more power through the transfer than most VVti engines will put out and the transfer have held up.

My next step is to work out if there is enough demand for these items. At present the adaptor unit and sleeve look like they will cost around $2750NZ. This works out a lot cheaper than the one off units I have done up until now.

I already have two people that have expressed interest in these units so is there anyone else out there that might be interested?

Cheers

$2750 NZ Dollar = £1381 British Pound Sterling + plus shipping.
That's the cost of a tidy 1999/2000 LS400 over here!!!!

I'll stick to the four speed thanks. :eek:

The engine swap market would have a hard time paying for that. Though I'd love to see that product.

So whats the conversion consist of? I would have thought an adapter and a different tail-shaft. But I suppose that doesn't mean some other random Yota tails-haft would swap right in. I dont know jack about auto's, so is that it----transmission machining to accept a different tail-shaft and an adapter of sorts?

It's a complete bellhousing type unit similar to that of the factory units between the A343 4x4 gearbox auto and the VF2A transfer. I have also considered doing a similar unit to the VF1A geardriven transfer. Also contains a adaptor sleeve as toyota changed the splines between the early 4 speed gearboxes and the 5 speed gearboxes. Making good parts that work and have had the bugs ironed out is always going to cost money.

It is a lot of coin for DIY conversion guys but there are plenty of guys paying fair money for good professional jobs. I'm presently converting a 2006 4x4 Hilux to 3uz with full aftermarket ECU , everything working and looking factory under the bonnet, body lift , rebuilt diff and a few other extras the customer wants.

Presently pricing an even newer Hilux to LS1 or similar.

We custom fabricate these type of 4x4 transfercase adapters here in South Africa for the past 10 years now and we rarely see any failures on them on rough 4x4 hammering. We make them to fit most model types of 4x4 transfercases locally around here in S.A to the 4/5 and six speed lexus automatic transmissions. Our prices ranges From ZAR 9500.00 to ZAR 12000.00