The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ivan129

BlownZX
Gents I am in the process of making my own auto controller for the A340 auto to make it manual shift. I'm hoping someone can help me with the following questions:-

S4.. line pressure control solenoid.. When should I be operating this solenoid?

What should the default positions be for all solenoids when in Park, Reverse, Neutral?

Help would be appreciated.. Thanks. Ivan :)

Our member Kdog has designed and built some of these manual controllers already. I have one of his that I won't be using, as my project is with a 6spd. PM me if interested.

Finished this project years ago and still running in the car today. Thought I did update the post, but maybe not.

A standalone trans controller is not too hard too build. Its the control mechanism and software that takes time to develop.

My unit uses an ardunino mega as the controller, purpose built driver and interface board. Opto isolation on all shift inputs, 4 x 6A High side drivers and 4 x 10A low side drivers (yes an over kill), plus lots of spare inputs and outputs for other stuff.
Has auto shift based on speed, shift point learn mode and tiptronic (manual shift / paddles on the steering wheel), kickdown signal comes from the engine ECU. Sports mode (holds gears longer), TC lockup fully configurable, line pressure control and colored OLED display in the dash for gear and shift position.

Unit has been setup to run on 2 different jap boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
there's a thread on supramania by kai that covers some of what you are trying to do.
I wish there was still access to all of those manuals and writeups that Kai did on SupraMania. Does anyone have that .pdf on the a340 manual conversion and controller?