Jibby's Dyno results.....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I used Mopar cumbustion cleaner once before with my older Chevy's, I removed the plugs and filled up the cylinders till it spilled out the plug holes and then turned the engine over a few times to hit all the areas of the combustion chamber....Let the motor sit over night.......Many years ago I did this and forgot.....I then reinstalled the plugs and ran the motor no change just a lot of smoke....I think this is the same, right?....

I would bet the seafoam will foul the plugs...Toys?

Oil seafoaming do you drive the car or just let it idle for 30 minutes and then change the oil? What about the tranny?

How about running the seafoam thru the fuel that way you can clean the rails, injectors, and engine internals all at once as the fuel and seafoam is run together thru the motor? I can imagine the fuel filter may clog, what do you think of that?...Is the seafoam a fuel stabalizer and can it be run thru the fuel?

Lastly how about all this crap coming out the exhaust, will the carbon deposits that are built up over the years clog the cats, or mufflers?

That should end my questions? Toys you da man, do you want to take a crack at some of my final questions? I am going to turn you into a seafoaming expert by the time this thread ends...

It won't foul the plugs. Especially yours, they're new. The o2 sensors will be fine. So will any cat's you have.

Doing the crankcase has admittantly caused abit of a controversy across several forums. I can tell you 3 things. It depends on who you want to believe.
1) Current seafoam directions don't list any specified time.
2) Previous directions (On some old cans I have) say that it will NOT interfere with the change interval (I've talked to a rep from there that also confirmed that).
3) Someone else has also talked to a rep more rescently, who suggested drive around for 500 miles, then change it.

I'd pour it in, drive around afew days & change it. Other's (One their own) Suggest treating it more like a diesel fuel flush. Let it idle 10 min & ditch it immediately. I don't personally do it that way. I'd rather have it in there longer & the major differance is 1 cup of seafoam is directed for use (for around 4-5 quarts of oil) VS 1 pint for 4-5 quarts of oil when doing diesel fuel.

Seafoam says to run your tank out, put it in & refill. 1 cup treates a gas tank full. I've never been big on injector cleaning like that. I simply fail to see how ratios around 1000:1 of non-harsh solvents will clean anything. (And Toyota's are dual filtered so... How many injectors do you ever see fail).
The fuel filters (Toyota systems use atleast two) will be fine.
I can say seafoam, like mos things that will "stabilize" gas for long term storage, will get rid of water so... There's a use for putting it in the gas tank. I'm not saying don't do it. (I've done it at a full can for 10 gallons, twice the ratio.) I just don't personally think it does much that way, so I quit recommending it to most people.

hahaha i had to dig this thread out.
it just came ot my attention reading the factory service manuals on the 3vz-fe v6 put in the Camry platform back in the day, which shared many of the 1uz-fe's OBD-I goodness electronics wise, along with the hurricane like hydraulic fan system...
The A/C clutch & compressor are disconnected at some point "during rapic accelleration". toyota is so freaking smart :)
maybe the 1uz-fe didn't get it since it's programming was before then.
AT THE SAME TIME, THE ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ENGINE AND ELECTRONIC CONTROLLED TRANSMISSION). DETECTS THE
MAGNETIC CLUTCH IS ON AND THE A/C COMPRESSOR OPERATES.
OPEN DIRECTION TO AVOID LOWERING THE ENGINE RPM DURING A/C OPERATING.
IF THE A/C CONTROL ASSEMBLY DETECTS THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS, IT STOPS THE AIR CONDITIONING:
  • THE TEMPERATURE AT THE AIR VENTS IS LOW.
  • THERE IS A MARKED DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE COMPRESSOR SPEED AND THE ENGINE SPEED.
  • THE REFRIGERANT PRESSURE IS ABNORMALLY HIGH OR ABNORMALLY LOW.
  • THE ENGINE SPEED DECREASES.
  • RAPID ACCELERATION OCCURS.

Toys what's up? Your pretty smart yourself......

Toyota also came up with the VVt-i system too in 98.....Not a bad concept at all... At least I think Toyota designed it...Not sure...