it twin charging really feasible?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
oops. my bad, missed the "2"UZ...skinny rods yuck. Mine's early 1UZ, duh.

maybe I should post on another forum...

this is NOT A 1UZ OR 2UZ!!! its a 2JZGTE!!!! ya know, the supra engine? happily do 800hp on stock internals... ring any bells?

hmm... lol

I even posted a pic of the engine bay too! lol

what about using a medium sized centrifugal unit blowing directly to the intake (no lag) then feed the boost from the turbo straight into the intake of the charger, being a good sized charger will help flow the boost from the turbo and then run two B.O.Vs 1 before and 1 after the charger as for exhaust side of things go with a higher a.r housing with large extractors and a good free flow exhaust.

thats a way ild be trying if i was guna attempt it just an idea.

I dont think ANY supercharger is really going to be very happy about having 24psi shoved up its bum like I intend on running... :p

what about using some kind of valve to bypass the supercharger, so, the valve and SC are in parallel, but the valve is normally closed till the turbo boost level exceeds the SC level, and then the compressed air would go through the open valve+SC (to an extent)

:)

this is NOT A 1UZ OR 2UZ!!! its a 2JZGTE!!!! ya know, the supra engine? happily do 800hp on stock internals... ring any bells?

hmm... lol

Hehehe, I think some of our members who regularly get the 2JZ and UZ motors mixed up are "dyslexus" How's that for a new medical term?

Aboslutely correct Lex, Corky Bell wrote both books. I guess the one "Maximum Boost" is about turbos. Apoligies Cribbj.

All good Andrew - Amazon sells them both and will probably cut a deal if you buy both at the same time.

I think the author did a great job in reducing a pretty complicated subject to a level where most shadetree hotrodders could understand and use his approach. I'd heard there was a sequel coming out for one or both books?

hmm... lol

LOL take a chill pill dude. I know what engine you have, i was responding to jibby, who however mistakenly DID refer to a 2UZ.

As for whether a twin charge will work...works bloody well on a local 1JZ by all accounts. He's running in parallel though with a clutched SC.

how about running a 60mm wastegate and a bov style valve inline with low pressure spings in them have it set up so that the bov style 1 is between the charger and Y section before the throttle body..... then the waste gate on the turbo side this would mean the turbo would have to match the chargers pressure before the wastegate would open then once the turbos psi surpassed the chargers it closes the bov style valve and turbo takes over would proly need to use a clutched setup on the centrifugal charger?????

Any possibility that wud work lol :) ?

how about running a 60mm wastegate and a bov style valve inline with low pressure spings in them have it set up so that the bov style 1 is between the charger and Y section before the throttle body..... then the waste gate on the turbo side this would mean the turbo would have to match the chargers pressure before the wastegate would open then once the turbos psi surpassed the chargers it closes the bov style valve and turbo takes over would proly need to use a clutched setup on the centrifugal charger?????

Any possibility that wud work lol :) ?

thats exactly what I was thinking, and even went off to look for cheap 60mm wastegates... haha

yeah, but Im yet to find a turbo that will do 15psi of boost at 2000rpm, and a second turbo would be even more complicated than a supercharger.

15psi of boost at 2000rpm is very easy... small turbo.

Proper style wastegate and exhaust routing would bypass this small turbo by probably 2500rpm. In fact it would probably make 10psi at under 1500rpm if you wanted it to.

400lb/tq at 2000rpm only requires 15 pounds of air per minute.

All this energy would then run downstream to the BIG turbo that is low rear mounted.

You need to think creatively here. The small turbo would not be the primary exhaust outlet... not even close. The wastegating for the small turbo would be both an integral WG to prevent overspeeding and a LARGE butterfly style racing wastegate that would basically completely bypass this small turbo after the big turbo spooled. This would place the weight low and in the back for better balance and heat control.

Take a look at this big rear mount C5 Corvette turbo for the big power part of the equation.

Lots more pictures at below link.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1692732&highlight=rear+mount

101_0413.jpg

We have TJ's runing low 8's with N/a engine turbo runing alcahol...
Last upgraded with H beans and 8.5 comp pistons.. Its now runing high 7's... Powerglide and RX7 body....Massive turbo...
With decent Pre- stage tuning a turbo has little issues getting off the line... This car runs SINGLE turbo....
Imo twin charging is too tricky to work out! I see VW have blower and turbo on a small engine...
But for the average workshop imo too difficult....

15psi of boost at 2000rpm is very easy... small turbo.

to drag up my old thread, the stock, small turbos, on the 2JZ, will do about 5psi boost at 2000rpm... thats in sequential mode, so only one turbo getting all the exhaust through it...

also, I've now got a Garrett T04z sitting here, plus a turbo manifold...

I'm still considering supercharging, as this turbo will do decent boost by around 4000rpm... haha

We have a T04Z on a 4.0 SOHC Ford six with .84 A.R boost responce is nearly instant. 300 rwkw with loose converter. So far runs mid 11's...[1650 kg car]
This IS a GOOD turbo for an 1UZ!! After all it an 800h.p turbo...

We have a T04Z on a 4.0 SOHC Ford six with .84 A.R boost responce is nearly instant. 300 rwkw with loose converter. So far runs mid 11's...[1650 kg car]
This IS a GOOD turbo for an 1UZ!! After all it an 800h.p turbo...

I dont have a 1UZ, I have a 3 litre, 2JZ... :banghead:

why are you only doing 300rwkw with a turbo that will do over 400rwkw?

why not run a GT35 with a similar A/R?

I doubt the boost would be anywhere near instant, even on a 4 litre, its a pretty big turbo.

I still like the idea of SC/T charging...