it twin charging really feasible?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Death By Bass

this isnt on a 1UZ, its a 2JZ, and I'm looking at a 800hp turbo, aiming for around 400rwkw, now, this is all well and good, but its only going to do this power at higher rpm.

Im wanting more power off the line, is it at all possible to twin charge? what was the conclusion from the other thread?

what kinda supercharger would I be needing?

I was looking at the powerdynes

http://capa.com.au/powerdyne.htm

but, 9psi max boost? how come? I guess 9psi at 2800rpm would be cool... except thats no better than the turbo will do :s

how come the vortech can do 20psi?

ah well, this will probably never happen.

thanks for the input anyway.

First of all, Powerdyne is an inferior blower. Its internal belt driven and it breaks all the time. Secondly, the blower is unable to produce high boost. In supercharging, dont believe everything u read. There are many factors involved. The crank pulley side, compression ratio, exhaust flow and other factors. Reading the factory data could be deceiving.

If you want good low end power and looking for a twin charged system. I would recommend a Root or twin screw supercharger.

If you want good low end power and looking for a twin charged system. I would recommend a Root or twin screw supercharger.

the problem with a twin screw charger is mounting one!

and then, I still dont think I've found an answer to the old question of who blows who? etc :p lol

Actually mounting twin screw is alot easier then centifigul charger. Richwood already made a manifold that will bolt right in your engine. If you still confuse about who blow who, then you should read the twich charged thread. However, if you really want lower end torque and only aiming for 400 rwhp. Possible a stroker with a twin screw will do it.

In couple of months I will have my 5.1 Liter and I will put it in my 1995 LS400. N/A at first and possible a M112 little later.

Actually mounting twin screw is alot easier then centifigul charger. Richwood already made a manifold that will bolt right in your engine. If you still confuse about who blow who, then you should read the twich charged thread. However, if you really want lower end torque and only aiming for 400 rwhp. Possible a stroker with a twin screw will do it.

In couple of months I will have my 5.1 Liter and I will put it in my 1995 LS400. N/A at first and possible a M112 little later.

ah... 400rwKW not horsepower (so, around 540rwhp) and as I said in my first post, 2JZGTE, not 1UZFE.

there is physically no room in the engine bay for a roots twin screw charger.

The 2JZ would be an interesting engine to try to supercharge (and/or twincharge) - for sure there's gobs of room on the intake side of the motor, but it would require some good fabrication skills because of its inline configuration.

Still, it might help sort out the 2JZ's main failing - which is a gutless low end, and it would probably be a lot cheaper solution than the stroker motors, which add only 0.4 litres displacement, for roughly $10K in build cost.

I wouldn't do this with a centrifugal SC, because simplistically, they're just belt driven turbochargers. I'd do it with some sort of PD SC that would be boosting the motor almost immediately, and would be all in by 2500 RPM, where the turbo would come into its powerband.

If you could figure out how to get the SC mounted up cleanly on the intake side, you'd have it knocked 'cause all the turbo hardware & piping would stay on the exhaust side of the motor.

I think it'd be an interesting project if you were good with aluminum welding, etc.

if you could use the powerdyne style charger, you could mount it straight into the intake of the engine, with the battery relocated to the boot, and the supercharger sitting in this spot, with the outlet from the intercooler going to the intake of the SC...

does this make any sense to anyone? haha

something like this:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3638/superchargerlw7.jpg

the belt would run wherever it had to, the SC could be mounted in the battery location/behind the radiator, with the output from the SC going straight into the engine, and the pipe that used to go from the intercooler, to the engine intake, would now connect to the SC input :)

possible?

P.S. like my one shiney headlight? lol, what was with toyota using plastic lenses? (I was in the process of cut/polishing them)

I wouldn't do this with a Powerdyne or other centrifugal for the reasons mentioned previously.

Corky Bell wrote a book awhile back called "Supercharged!" or something similar - you ought to pick up a copy of this as it explains the advantages & disadvantages of each type of SC.

Unless that JDM 2JZGTE motor runs those twins in parallel from the factory it should have a decent amount of torque down low.

There is also a LOT more to consider than just where to mount the SC.

How its actually used along with the turbo(s) to produce decent drivability is of much greater concern.
Not many people have been able to do it successfully.
It ends up being a very complex system of bypass valves, computer controls, etc, etc.

Sequential turbos.

Small one in engine compartment with large wastegate.

Big turbo rear mounted.

Attachments

• 1uzassembly25.JPG
    1uzassembly25.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 16
never say never jibby :) I'm around 650hp stock internals now and i reckon i could squeeze 800hp out of them. Longevity then becomes a big issue of course but if you just wanted a big boost dyno queen and turned the boost down for daily duties i reckon you could get away with it for a while.

Well then that's great!!! The 2uz's are more stout then I thought they were.. I been pushing around 500-550 ft pounds of torque on my 1uz-fe for a while now and no signs of failure, I am going to push it further too...

Go for it man, boost away!!!!!

what about using a medium sized centrifugal unit blowing directly to the intake (no lag) then feed the boost from the turbo straight into the intake of the charger, being a good sized charger will help flow the boost from the turbo and then run two B.O.Vs 1 before and 1 after the charger as for exhaust side of things go with a higher a.r housing with large extractors and a good free flow exhaust.

thats a way ild be trying if i was guna attempt it just an idea.

Corky Bell wrote both books. "Supercharged" and "Max Boost"

Hey JBrady,

Do u think we can invite Corky Bell in here? I know you and him are pretty close.