HTV1900 on Bullet Intercooler & Manifold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fugly

My new setup, well i've had it for at least a month & it will be a while before it is all up & running.
I will be also be replacing the Autronic with a Vi-PEC, using individual coils & doing a few other mods.

Cheers Brenton.

Attachments

• HTV1900 on Bullet Manifold 029 28%.JPG
    HTV1900 on Bullet Manifold 029 28%.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 55
Setup looks sweet :) I would love to try this setup for some trackwork against the TT....maybe the 2.3 though?

What Autronic are you pulling off? Vi-Pec are good but certainly not better?

The Autronic SMC that i am using to run the current 1UZ combo actually belongs on the fuel injected 265 hemi 6cyl combo that used to be in this car.
The other reasons i am going Vi-PEC V88 are that it is far more advanced, has heaps more outputs than the SMC & that Ray Hall is my tuner.

Here's a rear view.
I am going to have to make a straight/central T/B adapter as i am going to draw the air from the base of the windscreen.

Attachments

• HTV1900 on Bullet Manifold 015 28%.JPG
    HTV1900 on Bullet Manifold 015 28%.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 38
LOL far more advanced is a bit of a stretch ;) The equiv to the V88 is the SM4 which i (and those in motorsport) believe to be a better ECU. Still, the V88 is very capable and Ray obviously knows it inside out :) so a good reason to run this when stepping up from the workhorse SMC.

and i should have added, looking good :) Intake from the high pressure zone at the base of the windscreen is a good idea and not used often enough.

Thought about some water injection pre SC to help keep the bugger a bit cooler?

Not sure about the HTV1900 but I was told by Harrop to never put any liquid through my HE112 blower, apparently washes the Teflon coating off the rotors.
I am hoping that this more efficient blower design as well as being intercooled, my charge air temps will be low enough to make good power.

JustenGT8,
i know this is no comparison to your TT on the race track but if this link works it is me having a go on a race track, Winton Raceway to be precise.
Keep in mind this was the first time i have ever been on a race track & i gave it a thrashing as i drove it to the track..... from Cairns (approx 3000klms),
no official times but was stopwatch timed at about 1.46secs.
I would have loved to have flog it some more around the track but i was only 3 days & 3000klms into my 5 week & 11000klm road trip, had an absolute ball though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad9xkzlxABs

Yeah i'd seen that ages ago...goes good mate :)

What did you do with the old HE112 setup?

I'd ask around on the WI as pretty sure there are heaps of guys using it (including Cribbj on here) to good effect. I can't see water hurting the coating? same coating as the M90 i ran pushing 25psi (with turbos as well ;)) and water/ethanol?

Worth looking into as good gains for torque as well as extra safety margin.

The old HE112 is still on my car at the moment, hasn't been driven for a while as i have to fix a noise which i am pretty sure is the blower rear bearings running dry.
Once the new HTV1900 combo is up & running on the 1UZ i have plans to rebuild the HE112 & fit it to a 265 Hemi in another Centura i have.

I just watch a clip of your Celica at a track day, certianly looks like a handful of fun.

The old HE112 is still on my car at the moment, hasn't been driven for a while as i have to fix a noise which i am pretty sure is the blower rear bearings running dry.
Once the new HTV1900 combo is up & running on the 1UZ i have plans to rebuild the HE112 & fit it to a 265 Hemi in another Centura i have.

I just watch a clip of your Celica at a track day, certianly looks like a handful of fun.

Keeps me busy but really comes down to how disciplined i am with the right foot ;) It can be wild and fast or tidy and faster :)

TT setup is on the verge of going back in as had no takers on the sale. I was keen to try an eff SC for a change of scene and would simplify a few things on the car for me....so other time i guess.

I was given the same information from Harrop not to pre inject any kind of fluid into the supercharger. Fugly, any chance of some more photo's of the cooler.

Harrop do a straight manifold as well as a left and right kick off for the the TVS to GM 90mm throttle body. I did have pictures but lost them in a computer crash.

I was given the same information from Harrop not to pre inject any kind of fluid into the supercharger. Fugly, any chance of some more photo's of the cooler.

Harrop do a straight manifold as well as a left and right kick off for the the TVS to GM 90mm throttle body. I did have pictures but lost them in a computer crash.

I also spoke to Harrop but can't remember who (i have lost faith since Damian left), they told me there is not a straight TB adaptor available for the TVS but apparently there was a straight/angled down TB adapter available for the 112, i wish you still had the pics.

I will post up some pics when i find them.

Cheers Brenton.

I'm 99% sure it's the same port dimensions as the HE112 so I think that must be the one. Damian was good and couldn't do enough to help, I think it was Ken that sent me the drawings and photo's. Phone up and ask to speak to Ron or Ken.

They used a straight inlet on EFIJY car too.
main.php

I would be rather interested to see some more pictures of the intercooler as well as I am currently looking to purchase one for my setup too...

What sought of boost level are you looking to run with this?

Whatever it's happy with, but most likely around 10lbs to keep it safe when thrashing at 7000 for 1 1/2 mins in burnout comps.

Photos coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's our gremlin from the website crash last year that managed to separate our photos from the past 5-6 years from the posts.

The photos now reappear randomly in other people's posts and threads. Keeps things interesting....

No problem to delete the tranny pics from your last post, now that we know you didn't put them there!