What T/B size on Intercooled HTV1900 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Mix ratio is also in the post, I saw the water come back up through the throttle body too but it could also be spat back thought the bypass valve as well when coming off boost.

Going to order a 70mm pulley next week and start researching pumps and nozzles, this looks like fun.

@077bik
Hi, yes I did get more power. It was about 72kws.
I have a part 1 video that shows 297.4kws, and after not being happy with that I added the water methanol, and got the 370kws.
The water meth bottle is 3.5lts we started with a 50/50 mix and got 348.1kws.
Then I changed the mix to 2 to 1 so its now 2 lts of methanol to 1 lt of water.
That gave me 370rwkw's = 496.4 horse power at the rear,s very exiting to drive.

Attachments

• IMG_1084.JPG
    IMG_1084.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1093.JPG
    IMG_1093.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 53
If you put the video on full screen you can see the spray nozzle right at the front of the throttle body. My thinking is post butterfly would be better? Also the water looks like it is running back down the valve cover vent at the bottom of the throttle body.

I do have some concerns spraying pre supercharger and damaging the seals and washing out the SC bearings.

My gut feel also keeps telling me a larger throttle body will pickup a few more kw's as well.

I run pre and post SC....should effect the bearings at all? What is does do is keep the SC cool. I can touch mine comfortably even after a track session. I should help the rotors seal even better too. I can't see any down side? time will tell i guess

Are the lobes of the harrop SC teflon coated? If so, would the methanol damage this coating over time?

I'd say so, nearly all are these days. I doubt it, teflon is a bit tougher than that and non reactive to just about everything? It's not like it's soaking in the stuff and most would be vapour anyways

I spoke to Harrop the other day & yes they do do a HTV1900 to LS1 T/B adapter in straight but yeh they still haven't sent me the pics.
They also mentioned a company, Auto Techniques 03 97631195, is in the process of developing a twin T/B that will be a direct bolt on on the HTV1900, so i rang them spoke to Scott, he suggested they will be ready in about 3 weeks, he couldn't give me any other info at this stage.

Howdy fellas,
Haven't been on for a while , I've been busy damaging shit but that's another story.
Anyway i rang Scott about the direct bolt on T/B for the HTV1900 on Tuesday & i'm still getting over the shock, scott told me the T/B costs........ now are you sitting down in a very stable chair........$3300.00...... I asked him if that was just for the T/B, Yes was the reply, so i didn't ask any more questions & politely ended the call.

Back to looking at other options.

Spits out coffe all over the keyboard:eek:

See if you can find a throttle body the same as Peewee has got and fab a similar manifold.

I spoke to the guy who made my adaptor, and he reckons about $400-$450 (AUD) to get another one made.

Add to that <$200USD for a Cobra TB, and its a pretty cheap upgrade IMO

image001.jpg

image003.jpg

Peewee, that's a really nice rear drive conversion!

Is the driveshaft exposed, or is that a stationary torque tube that's visible?

More pics!

Nice work Andrew,
Keep the plans I'm sure people will want kits.......

Did you end up puting ports on the sides of the manifold for brake vacuum etc?

I spoke to the designer about it, and he doesn't feel that they would be needed, just going to use one way valves. However I forgot about the bypass feed. will have to mention that next time I speak with him.

Easy enough to make a 20mm spacer to go between the throttle body and manifold to drill and tap vacuum ports in to.

Brake booster 1/4 npt
SC bypass 1/8 npt
PCV if used 1/4 npt
Water meth injection 1/8 npt

Looks like a great project there Andrew worthy of it's own build thread.