What T/B size on Intercooled HTV1900 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Here is some side by side comparisons of different throttle body designs and indicative flow rates. The 70mm single butterfly throttle body that would be similar to the std 1uzfe is rated around 629 cfm and would be a restriction on a TVS 1900 with a 75mm pulley anything beyond 5,000 engine rpm. In reality this is not an issue as I have changed gear by then anyway. But. This has been bugging me for quite some time now and have been wondering how much of a difference a bigger throttle body would make. Don't get me wrong the current set up goes like s#it off a hot greased shovel but being an engineer the numbers just don't add up and causes me lack of sleep.....
That and the fact I want to inhale the cold air from the bonnet scoop has led me to start re designing the intake manifold.
The 4bbl set up will be more progressive down low and also give me the look I want.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/misc/company/10pdf/161-163.pdf

rpm x drive ratio x supercharger displacement will give you the air volume required.

It depends if you are blowing or sucking through the throttle body, 1 cfm of compressed air is more air than 1 cfm of atmo air. Just work out what CFM you need and add a bit.

A TVS 1900 running at 12,500 rpm needs around 850 cfm of air.

True Cobber but remember the turbo inlet is effectively the same as a throttle inlet ie drawing from air at atm. My TT setup ran an easy 400rwkw thru x2 50mm turbo inlets. So, a twin throttle with x2 50mm throttle plates should flow similar. That's not to say a bigger throttle setup won't flow better thru reduced restrictions but will come at the trade off of drivability.

I'll be trying the x2 57mm SVT throttle but interested to see what your large flow x-section will produce in terms of gains and twitchy throttle response (if it does?).

I honestly don't think you both will have any problems at all, like I said the 70mm std throttle body scares the poo out of me running about 11 psi. it's only when you do the maths and work out the air requirement that it starts to suck up the top end a bit. I'm not expecting to gain a big lick of power but I do think there will be a drop at the top rpm (which I just about never use anyway). It's the cold air I'm after and a different look.

A GM 6lt runs a 90mm throttle body, so a 1uz 4 lt with 7 psi of boost can also easily cope with a 90mm throttle body as well. Just think of a NA multi throttle body setup and add up the surface area of each throttle body and see what you get.

It is easy to make the throttle linkage more progressive with an off set round or an elliptical cable pull on the throttle body. There is no need for it to be twitchy, maybe even adjust the cable pull ratio on the pedal end too if you like too. I do like the look of the throttle body you have Andrew (Peewee) and it will be a good fit straight on the inlet of the supercharger.

The 4bbl set up I am looking to use (4 x 44.5mm) the second set of butterfly's only start to open at 30% throttle making it more progressive down low.

I spoke to Harrop the other day & yes they do do a HTV1900 to LS1 T/B adaptor in straight but yeh they still haven't sent me the pics.
They also mentioned a company, Auto Techniques 03 97631195, is in the process of developing a twin T/B that will be a direct bolt on on the HTV1900, so i rang them spoke to Scott, he suggested they will be ready in about 3 weeks, he couldn't give me any other info at this stage.

I will stay tuned, sounds interesting, I suspect Harrop would be making them for Auto Techniques.

If anyone is interested, I'm getting this made up at the moment for mine.

Its to bolt a Cobra TB directly to the rear (or in mine case, front) of a HTV1900

Its still in design stage at the moment, but would anyone else be interested in one?
(nfi on price)

throttleadaptor.jpg

That does look nice Andrew, don't forget you will need ports for vacuum for your brakes, PCV, idle control valve and the supercharger bypass valve pick up to be in that manifold as well so maybe put some flats on the sides so it can be drilled and taped for fittings. Are you going to get them cast or billet machined?
Counter boring the the holes that bolt onto the supercharger looks a bit difficult too? I do like it a lot though and could be interested in one.

Already spoken about the ISCV and brake booster ports.
Forgot about the bypass line though, will mention it.

They'll be CNC'd.
Not sure yet if its going to be in one piece as per that image, or in two bits welded together.
Time and $$'s will tell.

Update.. i had forgotten to post. On 14psi the engine made 270rwkw on a very conservative tune. I might try a bigger intake if one turns up at the right price and will confirm if any gains can be had.

Craig made 370rwkw on a std throttle body with WM injection. Kind of blows the theory bigger is better.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ch0290#p/a/u/0/V4YWlrsDtEc

Yeah i agree for 4 litres the twin one the rest of us are using should be plenty.....i'm a sucker for actually trying shit though so if one comes up cheap i'll give it a crack ;)

Would love to know some specs/details on that Bimmer as seems a bit too good to be true?

I dropped Craig a message on youtube and he is running a 70mm pulley (13psi) and a Lextreme 800hp kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4YWlrsDtEc

@cobber427 Thanks for your comments.
I have put an 800hp engine kit in, this was from Lextreme in the US.
Forged Ross pistons Eagle rods, heads ported new cams stage 2 heavy duty springs.
Not sure what you mean WI nozzle?
I am running a 70mm wheel 13psi
Thanks Craig...........

hi andy

i think you will find that the WI is pre-charger as you can see a water mist come out the throttle as they back off on first rev up on that bimmer.

be nice to know what ratio the WI to methonal is (50/50, 25/75)
Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

I guess it goes to show how important flow and efficiency are....porting, cams and a more eff SC and 100 extra rwkw at less boost.

bodes well for the VVTi engine as the heads are killer for flow :D