What T/B size on Intercooled HTV1900 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fugly

Any suggestions on what T/B size to use on my new combo, stock 1UZ, intercooled, HTV1900, 10psi, 400rwhp (hopefully) i am actually looking at using a dual throat T/B (like a Chev TPI T/B) to make adapting to the back of the blower easier.

Cheers Brenton.

Anywhere between 90 and 100 or 105 is where most of us seem to be. I believe Rod might hold the current record for the biggest at 100 or 105. (forgotten how big his is).

I like the GM TB's for the LS engine because they have the IACV built in, which is one less piece of plumbing to have to worry about. I don't know if the GM TPI's have this or not?

The larger the better from a POWER perspective as any loss before the pump reduces efficiency and boost.

That said the larger the harder to have a smooth throttle action especially if slow and smooth transitions are desireable like most street vehicles.

Design a progressive throttle OR find a staged twin plate TB.

As far as size goes check vacuum between TB and blower. Make sure the rest of the air tract is not creating a pressure loss as well (filter to TB). Design a cold air system or you will be ingesting unwanted unnecessary heat.

400rwhp is a piece of pee for the stock TB...jeez i made 400rwkw on the stock TB :) so don't get too worked up chasing big. A stock mustang twin TB at x2 57mm will be plenty big enough for your needs and still give good smooth response around town etc

400rwhp is a piece of pee for the stock TB...jeez i made 400rwkw on the stock TB :) so don't get too worked up chasing big. A stock mustang twin TB at x2 57mm will be plenty big enough for your needs and still give good smooth response around town etc

Was that with blow through or suck through using the standard T/B?

Was that with blow through or suck through using the standard T/B?

Both when i did the twin charge set up ;) But generally blow thru on just TT.

I'm about to slot my now M122 equipped engine back in and it's just running a stock mustang twin throttle. I'm aiming for a similar 400rwhp...maybe a tad more, but i'll need a bit more boost from the roots i think so aiming to run approx 15psi with a 2.6inch SC pulley.

I definitely don't want to go to big as i only want to do this once.

I will be mounting the Throttle body straight on to the back of the blower & the air cleaner will be straight onto that drawing nice clean cool air from the plenum.

I do like the idea of using a 85-90mm LS1 T/B for IAC simplicity & price, the down side is the adapter length, which is why i am also looking at the dual throat T/B option.

Both when i did the twin charge set up ;) But generally blow thru on just TT.

I'm about to slot my now M122 equipped engine back in and it's just running a stock mustang twin throttle. I'm aiming for a similar 400rwhp...maybe a tad more, but i'll need a bit more boost from the roots i think so aiming to run approx 15psi with a 2.6inch SC pulley.

So you have had the M122 running in your car with the twin 57mm T/B?

Do you have any pics of your T/B adapter?

My TT Ford has 75mm single throttle body with 750 h.p...
There is no pressure build up outside T/B..I'm using 3" intercooler pipeing anyway..
Being turbo forced...
If your going to change ?? Whats wrong with the Nissan V8 T/B ??
Forced induction for street hardly requires large T/B..
Mine [1UZ] is all out drag motor.. So there's no requirement for cruising..
I guess twin T/B gives slightly better light cruise throttle control compared to big single ??
Inlet is being organised now... I'll be on the pension before it's all finished.. Sheesh !!!

So you have had the M122 running in your car with the twin 57mm T/B?

Do you have any pics of your T/B adapter?

Nope and nope ;)

Soon though....Currently sorting the pulley alignment but hope to have the TB sorted this week as well....car hits the track 12 Aug so pressure is on.

I've got this for mine.

I was searching for a twin 65mm mustang TB, but this one came up for a good price.

tb1.jpg

tb2.jpg

What TPS are you going to use Peewee...do you have a part No. by any chance? I need one for mine (just the stock twin 57mm) and hope it'll talk to the Autronic ;)

Attachments

• 1UZ Oil Pan 2.jpg.jpg
    1UZ Oil Pan 2.jpg.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 11
It depends if you are blowing or sucking through the throttle body, 1 cfm of compressed air is more air than 1 cfm of atmo air. Just work out what CFM you need and add a bit.

A TVS 1900 running at 12,500 rpm needs around 850 cfm of air.

I am re designing my intake at the moment too and looking to put on one of these for a bit of a spin on the old school cobra look as well as pick up cold air from the bonnet scoop. It has the advantage of built in idle control as well. TPS wont be an issue as long as your ecu can learn the settings (most can).

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-3878/

Last edited: