bullet w58 kit slave cylinder

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mat Grant

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the slave cylinder on the bullet kit is from? Mine leaks, not really been used yet, but a few years since i bought it so I don't expect they will honour any warranty.

I emailed them to ask what it is from, they said it is "custom built for this kit" but it must be sourced from something.

They are in Oz and i'm in the UK so it's one email a day and they are not being very forthcoming - they said "it's sleeved down to 11/16" which gives me hope it starts life as a generic toyota part (it looks like one) - I can't believe they have a forge to do small batches of cheapo generic parts that the rest of the car industry uses ubiquitously.

They just keep saying "any decent clutch place can rebuild it easily" but all the places i rang in UK said - no one bothers these days, for the cost/reliability factor you just put a new one on. The couple that said they would if I really needed it sadi "what is it from" Perfectly reasonable question!!! To which the answer is errrr they won't tell me....

This is very frustrating! so if anyone has come up against this and knows what part will fit - please let me know and save me days of going round scrapyards and motor factors!

As for bore / fluid volume I can be flexible as I have an AP racing pull master cylinder with different pivot points on the clutch pedal to flow different volumes to get the right action (ironically because when I bought the kit they couldn't or wouldn't tell me the bore and stroke of the slave when in use)

any help or advice appreciated.

Cheers, Mat.

It may have a stainless sleeve so a replacement seal is a real possibility. I'm surprised there are no suppliers of slave seals over there. A generic seal should do the job. Cheers

Hi, yes there are lots of suppliers of seals of all kinds - the issue is you need to know what it is so you can order it....

thanks, Mat.

Thanks, can you me know who you would order a piston and seal from? If you can give me a website or a phone number, over here people just say "dunno - whats the reg number"

If you know of a good place to order seals and pistons fro a clutch slave from that would be great.

Cheers, Mat.

Tricky that I'm in NZ. They will still require the measurements that I listed. If a piston is required they would make it. I recommend getting it apart first to check the bore is ok. For parts like this I would normally strip it for inspection then drop it to them with my instructions. Ill PM you the website as they make some of the parts I sell so would like to not disclose my supplier to the world.

Hi goverman, thanks that is reasonable! The bore looks good - I guess that's the benefit of the stainless sleeve, normally slave cylinders go rusty so you chuck them and buy a new one. You seem to have a more "can do" attitude to fabrication and customisation over there - over here people would go "eh?" If you said you wanted to fit a W58 to a 1UZ - they would say "it only comes in automatic"....

I've got it apart, the piston has some scoring, the seal is shot. If you can PM me the website that would be great and I promise not to disclose it.

Cheers, Mat.

PS sorry for the spelling error on your name!

Mat.

Hi Gloverman, thanks that is reasonable! The bore looks good - I guess that's the benefit of the stainless sleeve, normally slave cylinders go rusty so you chuck them and buy a new one. You seem to have a more "can do" attitude to fabrication and customisation over there - over here people would go "eh?" If you said you wanted to fit a W58 to a 1UZ - they would say "it only comes in automatic"....

I've got it apart, the piston has some scoring, the seal is shot. If you can PM me the website that would be great and I promise not to disclose it.

Cheers, Mat.

Hi Gloverman, Thanks I got it - the lextreme forum used to send an email but I don't get a notification of private messages any more.

thanks for going to the trouble of sending it, I'll give them a go.

Cheers, Mat.