Hilux 1uzfe.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

coaster

Hi all.. I have recently bought a 91 hilux with a 1uzfe conversion already done it's got a lift and is running 33"s. It's auto ... And here In lies the problem I think ?I mean It runs sweet and goes pretty quick but it doesn't seem to change quite right and rev like I would expect ...I really just want a bit of advice, if there's any easy fixes or if anyone can recommend someone in the know about theses things in or around Auckland ?? I love the truck! I just want it to perform as well as it can.. Any ideas ?? Cheers

I think it still has the hilux diesel box in it.. Basically I have to drive it manually , l, 2 drive , o/d etc and Kick down is not engaged .It will rev out in first then I change into 2nd revs drop a little but not to bad 2nd will shift in to drive automatically before it revs out, then revs will drop a bit more in drive. The power I seem to get in drive is not really what I'd expect from a V8.. Feels a bit sluggish. Also when changing down through the gears it's pretty good except I don't always get 1st ! I will change into L and still be in 2nd then as I put the stick into 2nd it will sometimes change down into 1st, rev out and back into 2nd ! Don't get my wrong it seems to drive sweet when your cruising normally but when you drive it hard you notice these things !

I havnt had it on a dyno yet as I wanted to get it running sweet 1st , but maybe it is a good place to start .

Also I blew the torque converter recently and dr trans fixed it . He was saying theres no scan at all at the diagnostic plugs on the engine ? Ithas no rev counter hooked up so hard to tell what rpm it's doing.. Don't know if engine and box are talking to each other ??

I knew what I was getting into buying this truck .. And knew there would be things to do to get it to 100% .. I just don't know what to do 1st !!

All help/ideas welcome ...
It doesn't help that I'm about as mechanical as a fish !!

What are the ECU numbers and pin . They have a second diagnostic socket which most guys dont wire in. I have a dyno so the first thing I do is wire a diagnostic plug then see how much power its making. If they make around 120-130rwkw with the auto then its OK. If they have the diesel box in without mods they often perform exactly as you said. Cheers

what was the original motor in the hilux
if the gbox is anything like the surf autos then there is afew issues with them
thats y i never use the surf autos costs alot to get em sorted

u should have driven the car better before u bought it
as sometimes it costs a fair bit to fix other peoples fuk ups

Sorry mate - Don't mean to be a prick but at this point I only do that job through my workshop and as its an income stream for me I dont want to share for free. I would also need to check out whats been done so far before making recommendations. Cheers