First Photos

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gloverman

To my knowledge these will be the first photos of this 1UZ powered vehicle. Sorry photos are at night so hopefully you can see. The veiw is from sitting in the passenger seat. Most of the work was done by the owner. We supplied the motor, mounted it and have helped out lots along the way. The owner is a very good friend of our workshop and an awesome auto electrician. More photos will follow. Cheers

Um Im so confused perspective is odd so it looks like the motor isnt really sitting in the coreect position, like its cocked to the right alot. couldnt you take a few "normal" pics?

Jake I think it's just an odd reflection from the bugcatcher that's making it look like the engine is turned.

Kelvin, is it a big '71 on top of that UZ? Let's hear more about its specs.

Cribbj - good to see you know your superchargers. I must say i'm more into turbos but have supercharged projects on the go at the moment and am still learning. It is a 6V71 with a holley throttle body injection unit on top ran by a G3 linkplus which is also used as a manual shift controller for the transmission.
Zuffen - Another reason it's great to be a kiwi. Driver vision is a small problem but should get a cert ok. It does sound good. This was one of it's first drives and will need alot of tuning yet. We can get away not running a bonnet as long as the fanbelts have a surround. For some reason the authorities think that if a person is hit by a car they might get hurt but getting stuck in the belts. Kind of stange.

Maybe some more photos. Sorry it was late when I got home last night Jake. After 15 hours of work I was a bit tired. I will get some more at the next tuning session in the daytime.

Love it when you can live in a place and still get away with stuff like this.

Now you just need to find a Mel Gibson look-a-like and you can make your own 21st century Kiwi version of Mad Max.

There are some good things about being way down under.

Did a bit of a tuning session tonight to get it to a drivable state with what I would term a base tune. Spent a bit of time out on the road and some time sorting idle speed control. The owner showed us the remote control for starting , opening the boot and the air bags. Car performing well and got it's first good rev out. Sounds really nice. I will try and get a video in the day time. Most of our work has been after normal working hours so we avoid interruptions. Cheers

Gotta say it's a huge S/C..lol Imagine the amount of air it uses...great to see more of us Kiwi's leading the feild..lol:friday: Nice one Kelvin.. home made manufold?looks like this will definitely will turn heads...

Attachments

• Tokyo11.jpg
    Tokyo11.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Tokyo 12.jpg
    Tokyo 12.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 10
  • tokyo 13.jpg
    tokyo 13.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 9
  • Tokyo 14.jpg
    Tokyo 14.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 9
  • tokyo 15.jpg
    tokyo 15.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 8
It definately has the WOW factor. Hard to hide in the crowd with it. Makes a whole lot of noise when it is on song. once we got it to an acceptable state of tune it didn't take long for the owner to see what it can do. He sure can drive and this car is big. We have done most of the work at night and it's been covered up when in the workshop during the day. In fact most of our project cars are covered up when we are not working on them. Ill get some photos of the multi throttle bodies on another motor for you soon as well. Did you see the exploded motor we have in? Cheers

Zuffen how does someone conceve that is dangrous to pedestrians?

our rules are that the supercharger could hurt a pedestrian more if hit by the car. Maybe we should try not running over people!
another example of the brainless that make rules in this country:boggled:

i do agree with the nz rule about the visiabilty from the drivers seat, but then people hang big dices on the mirror!!!

When planning this build the power was was only one factor to consider. One motor choice was a RB26Dett which would have made more power. another factor was being quite different and building a Japanese hotrod so there had to be something "in your face" . It makes the old school V8 boys look and wonder. Yet to go on the dyno but expecting reasonable power. Keeping the boost down under 15psi.

By the way - overkill doesn't feature in my vocabulary.

As for dice on the mirror I have a habit of stuffing them under seats - they piss me off. dice don't cause me vison problems , some cars I drive I have trouble seeing over the steering wheel.

Cheers