Carb conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

momec

Can someone give me contact details for anyone that sells carburettor manifolds for the 1uz. I have googled to no avail. Apparently common in NZ speedway.
I do not require a lecture on EFI versus carb but would apprieciate help.
Thanks

Try Madphil of Marx Motorsport: http://www.marxmotorsport.com/

He runs a 1UZ NZ stockcar with a CSL Cams inlet manifold. You should be able to look at some pics on his site. Here's the spec: http://www.marxmotorsport.com/team/53a.html with his email addy at the bottom.

CSL Cams. Address: 53 Bourke St Palmerston North. Phone number: 0-6-356 3700

Apparently Danby Machine & Development Ltd, are another source +64 7 868 8284.

Last edited:
They're simple.

A 4bbl Holley, a Ford EDIS8 ignition, 4-6 wires to hookup, and you have a running engine.

Thanks Cribbj
Thats all the info I needed......

4u2quk,
Let me quote Plato- "Wise men speak because the have something to say; Fools speak because they have to say something."

i need to know more about this "Ford EDIS8 ignition"
will i just need the edis8 and a crank trigger wheel and sensor??
thanks in advance for response

don't get me wrong i know all about efi and i would rather have an efi engine. for me a 1uz with a carb sitting on the top looks amazing. and the sound of air traveling through the barrels.....
its something i must do.

i need to know more about this "Ford EDIS8 ignition"
will i just need the edis8 and a crank trigger wheel and sensor??
thanks in advance for response

For the Ford EDIS8 ignition system, you'll need the EDIS8 black box + harness, 2 x 4 tower EDIS coilpacks and pigtails, plus secondary leads for the spark plugs, a 100mm 36-1 crank trigger wheel, and the stock 1UZ pickup.

Then of course you'll need either a carb or a fuel injection setup to get fuel into the motor.

I like the EDIS8 and carb setup because it's so simple, and it just works. Great for breaking in a motor.

bringing it back from the dead.. but correct me if im wrong.. if you went to a carb.. you could ditch the computer.. go to propane and run 18lbs of boost and not have to mess with a computer :) and have 115 octane or so i think its around there

its a prick to get a normal dizzy on these
u can buy a kit somewhere maybe but just easier to wire up orig ecu and
run ignition thru ecu and fuel thru carby
if u have alot fo moeny then anything can be done

Im also curious to know if anyone has fitted a carby and used the factory ECU to run the ignition. How did it go ? Did it work ? Looking to do this myself.

I have run plenty with no fuel pump connected to see if they go and they run ok so I it should be possible to make it run. It may require the AFM , water temp and TPS to make it MAP the timing correctly. Cheers

ive done afew 1uzs with lpg and all I do is turn off the power to injectors and fuel pump
no different to what yoru doing

there is shitloads of edis wiring diagrams on the net
personally I would not waste my time and money on it

if u fluke it and it all runs on the very first click of the starter then u r one lucky son of a gun
if u have some issues it could take a long time to solve them
so my theory is the closer the engine is to std the way more easier it is to diagnose
and for people to help you
if u wire up the edis good luck finding someone to help you
maybe 5 people or so have done it
where as thousands have wired up a std ecu