carb intake manifold 1 2 or 3uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

robertk515

has anyone tried messing around with a carbie 1uzfe??? would it even be worth trying out?? maybe a 2 or 3uz would be a better option because of displacement??? i thought it would be cool to have a carbie instead of fuel injection due to simplicity.

Do a search,

The New Zealanders build a manifold that takes a4 barrel.

Remember a carby would still need an ignition system so you would need a stand alone to make it work.

Lastly as they say a carby is just a controlled fuel leak.

The conversion will cost you money, fuel economy and most likely horsepower. But it could look cool.

hey thanks for the website, i plan on e-mailing phil about one of these manifolds, i couldnt find a website for the "CSL" company that makes the manifold. if anyone knows WHERE i can get one on the internet it would be appreciated!!

are there any how tos or what fors on getting standalone ignition for this engine?? not engine management, but just simple ignition. as i am a diesel mechanic i dont have the slightest with the standalone stuff, i just know if it has a distributor i can work on it easily

i can get a 1uzfe without tranny/wiringharness/ecu around here for somewere in the 2 to 500 dollar range (US). so i figured if i could get a good engine without all the other bs then i could make it a carbie for pretty cheap. i got a 600cfm holly layin around from a previous project a few years back so i dont have to spend any money on a carb :006:

i dont mind the loss in fuel economy especially since the engine (if purchased i guess..) will eventually go into a hilux 2wd short box truck.