A few small issues with my 1UZ, any ideas?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

GSMnow

About my 1983 Celica with 1993 LS400 1UZ
I have not posted in a while since I am not near my car, but it is now running and legal in Illinois. Anyways, here is what is happening.

It has no cold start high idle?

I think the idle air control is just plain stuck. The motor did sit for 3 years without running, is there anything else I should look at? It is not setting an error code, and all the wiring has checked out.

Shortly after passing the emissions test it started to miss fire?

I am not sure where to look on this one. My guess is that it may have clogged an injector. Again, since I am not there, I can only go by symptoms. Since the motor sat, and ran on 5 lear old gas for the first time, I would not be surprized if it had crap in the fuel lines. The other thoughts I had were ignition. Any suggestions where to start?

HC and CO were both less than 1/4 of the state limits, so it was running very good as it was tested. And still no error codes, even after the miss started, but it didn't run long since as he was just getting it off the trailer and parking it when it started running bad.

I currently have no TEMP or OIL gauges, or even lights. All I can find in the Lexus manual is an OIL warning light that will ground if pressure is low, level is low, or temp is high. Not a bad thing to have. It does not appear to have a pressure gauge sender. Is there a plase to screw one in? How much pressure do these motors run? Could I just use my old Celica sender to drive the stock gauge, or will it just sit pegged with this motor? Is the temp sender compatible with the older gauges? I think the wire to my gauge got ripped out in the conversion, as I have not found the connector under the hood, but when I do, is the Lexus RTD temp sensor close to the 10 year older Celica one? I found graphs for the temp vs ohms for the ECU sensors, and they are very close, but I can't find that data for the gauge sensors, and I know they are different.

I NEED rubber motor mounts!!!!! The whole chassis is vibrating. I found some big block Chrysler mounts that I think I can make work, and they are pretty cheap.

I hope to visit may car very soon, and I want to have some plans, since I never have much time to do anything there.

Gary M.

Sorry, no update at this time. The fuel is 1/8 old and 7/8 recent fill. It fired righ up on 100% old fuel, and ran fine and then the tank was topped up with fresh. I hope to be having a trip back to Chicago in the next couple months to get it all dialed in road worthy. Right now it is snowed into a garage.

sounds like u have not done a conversion before

oil press gauge or light is always a must in an engine thats een siting for 3 years

find all the gauge wires for the celica eg alt oil temp and tacho

then find the ones from the 1uz loom and connect to corresponding wires

if this is too hard for u take it to an expert

another thing with the miss problem is it can cost u anywhere from 10 bucks to 500 bucks

ive diagnosed misses in 1uzs and it can range from a tiny thing to an expensive thing

leads are a common prob for misses but are expensive

then u have dizzy caps and rotor

then u can have timing belt not fitted properly

like i tell most people

trying to diagnose a miss which could be a million things on the forums

is very very hard u just have to use your brain abit and slowly go thru the things that can cause a miss

if its a hard miss then its to do withh spark

if its a soft miss then its air flow or timing out or air leak or injector

but most common is dodgey leads if u know someone with a set just borrow them and put them on and see before u go and buy a new set

by the time u buy leads spark plugs rotors caps etc your up for over 500 bucks