1uzfe in s13 nissan silvia (pics)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Damo said:
Thats the first time I've ever seen someone converting a Nissan to anything other than a NISSAN! Good luck mate, hope you have fun with it. And show us some pics of you drifting!!!! Cool, a toyota powered nissan. Gotta love that.

already done it, helped put a 1UZ-FE into a 1993 GQ patrol, doing another atm 1990 GQ Patrol

2 patrols, 1UZ-FE toyota power

Someone here in the States builds 2jzgtte powered 240sx's(S13 Silvia's). The S13 has a big ass engine bay that can take just about any engine. I've heard a Chevy 350 fits with space to spare.

Considering a Chevy 350 is physically samller than a 1UZ it should be a walk in the park.

Not too sure about all that weight up front. It would handle like, well, like a Yank Tank!

hey dude sweet looking conversion, hows the progress going ?

i was wondering, have you fitted the manual box yet ?
what is the positioning of the shifter like ?
Is it in a similar position as the original shifter in the silvia or is it forward (towards engine bay) or back ??

Im thinking of doing a similar conversion but in a s14 (well not for at least 12 months but im in the research stages)

have u weighed the two engines when they were out of the car ??? im interested in trying to keep the even weight distribution.....

from the information i have gathered :
c) 1UZ-FE (4.0l lexus v8) (NO trans) 177kg no accessories, around 213kg fully dressed

e) SR20DET (NO trans) aournd 149 kg (not sure if thats with or without accessories?

Can you confirm these weights for me ?

Hi Progress is good I finished making the engine mounts last night so the engine is sitting in the bay now. I havent Tried it in the bay with the gearbox on yet but I understand the shifter position on the w55 can be changed by swapping shifter with other models. It used to have a ca18de in it. I have no way of weighing the motors but at an estimate I would say the lexus motor isnt much heavier. maybe 20-30 kgs. it fits really well power steering bolts up the bonnet shuts the exhuast manifolds clear the steering the front sump fits well over the cross member. The sway fouls on the sump however.

Ill keep you posted I want to get the thing plumped up and running next.

Luher