UK Nissan 200SX S13 with 1UZFE swap.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SteveDunn

Hi all.

I've been working with some helpfull friends on this swap since the CA18 that was in my car previously decided it wanted to kill its oil pump. That was back in July 07.

I use the car over here in the UK as a drift car, had some success in it, but have taken a sort of forced sabbatical whilst I collect all the parts necessary to do this fantastic engine justice.

The plan is to have an ITB'd, cam'd, high compression engine. Bit of a snarler, I like to think.

Current situation is that the engine is in the car, on some custom made mounts. The R154 is mated to the back of it, but through lack of room in the bay, we're just waiting on the hydraulic release bearing (as the clutch cylinders etc had to be removed from the bay). I'm also going to be running a pedal box, as it seemed the easiest way to solve the issues we faced.

DSCF3119.jpg
DSCF3120.jpg
DSCF3121.jpg

As you can see, I don't have any manifolds yet. I'm in talks with a local company to get these created. Sadly, I'm building the car up to be the best it can be, but having to take a while due to montly budget constraints :)

A problem that will crop up eventually is that the sump is incredibly low. I've been thinking about dry sumping, and wondererd if anyone had any off-the-shelf solutions? I've been searching, but not turned up much (perhaps I'm wording my search wrong!)

DSCF3123.jpg
DSCF3122.jpg

That would be me in the background, looking special :thinkerg:

DSCF3124.jpg

I hope to be able to fit in around here, and scour the place for the technical information to make this thing work.

Cheers :)
Steve

Oh, one of the car doing what it does best...

ptmdriftshow093.jpg

Yeah, a teammate stole it for his car. I've heard that Cefiro ones will fit around the engine, but will probably have to be modded too. Everything else has so far :)

good info! cefiro huh?..so are you driving without it? iis it ok?..i mean the feel.... any huge disadvantages? im doing the same thing its just that ive been really thinking about the swaybar issues><...either take it out completely or custom made? im not even sure if someone makes a custom swaybar for cheap?...hopefully theres a cefiro here in US..

I've not had a chance to drive it yet, waiting on a hydro release bearing for the clutch setup.

We've decided to hack the sump to bits and fabricate a new one, so will just get a S13 bar and hack that about too. Projects proving to be a complete pita, but will be worth it when screaming around track at 8000rpm :D

I made a new sump for my s13 swap.

And I just cut out the corner of the valve cover and welded it to make room for the brake-booster.

I've not had a chance to drive it yet, waiting on a hydro release bearing for the clutch setup.

We've decided to hack the sump to bits and fabricate a new one, so will just get a S13 bar and hack that about too. Projects proving to be a complete pita, but will be worth it when screaming around track at 8000rpm :D

8000rpm....is that the max rev for a "stock" 1uz? ive always wondered about that... because im going for the manual swap too.....

I'm looking at some cams that I believe will be efficient to those revs. I'll probably have a soft cut limiter at about 7.5k and a hard at 8k just incase things go squiffy :)

hey steve
i've done the same conversion in my s13
i had the same problem with the sump sitting to low so i made up a bash plate and spaced it 20mm lower than the crossmember and have'nt damaged the sump yet(12 months and 30+ events later)
allso i cut and welded the sump to clear the 13 swaybar.
i run the normal clutch setup aswell
and i moved the brakebooster over 20mm to clear the rocker cover
if you have any questions feel free to ask.

cheers stephen
option 1 garage
brisbane australia

Great job guys!!! Can't wait to get back on my project, i have the same low pan problem also.

don't know, just went into a auto parts shop and got one that looked like it would fit. but the bottom one is off a vt commodore

oh ok i did the same thing with my upper, just looks like yours may fit even better then mine, my lower is from a sc400(soarer) and it fits perfect.
Im also useing a sr20 ratiator even tho my car is a supra.

got a sr radiator in mine too

Me three.......

8000rpm....is that the max rev for a "stock" 1uz? ive always wondered about that... because im going for the manual swap too.....

i think 8K is a tad high for a stock 1UZ, iv heard of rods giving up at 7000-7500. Take a look at this http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333344&highlight=weak+rods

There is only one way to find out when it will blow and that is to try and blow it up. heheheheee

hi mate, been following you on sxoc in the uk. just looking into starting my swap shortly aswell into an s14. keep up the good work

Just wondering what Swaybar/swaybar mods were done to fit the 1uzfe into an s13... thats one of the problems i am currently facing and was wondering what others did...

cheers