1UZFE into 180sx S13

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Hennie Marais

I've decided to fit the 1UZFE into my 180sx, I've seen a couple here on the site and it has helped me a lot. I'll be removing the CA18DET engine the weekend and start cleaning out the enginebay of all the crap.

I'm going to stick with the autobox for now because this will mainly be a normal "streetcar".

1. What I've seen it that I need the LS400 engine with the sump at the front.
2. Autobox controler.
3. I'll be using a standalone management for the engine

This I'm still not quite sure about is what shifter I can use for the autobox because finding the original one here is impossible.
How to make the speedometer work with the autobox.

Any other advice will be greatly appreciated.

Ok, this is how it looks so far. Excuse the dirty enginebay, looks like the old CA18 had an exhaust leak somewhere but it'll be resprayed when everything is finished. I want to remove all the brackets and fill the holes too before the respray.

begin.jpg

sx110207003.jpg

sx110207008.jpg

sx180207005.jpg

sx180207002.jpg

Looking good mate. I haven't seen the 'other' 180 thread yet, suprises me how easily it fits. Doesn't look any tighter than in my 4WD....

Ye, it actually fits quite nicely. Only problem is the sump needs to be modified to clear the front anti-rollbar. There might be a small mod that I have to do to get the LS400 manifolds to clear the steering, The crown manifold will work but I don't like them.

Just want to say that I've finished the car, took a while as I only worked on weekends on it. I must say, this is a AWESOME engine. Now I can't wait to get started on the turbo engine.

Will post photos tomorrow of it.

Help a guy here. This is how the engine bay currently looks. I want to make it look good but I can't decide what to do, what to powdercoat and what not to. The blue hoses just don't look right at the moment. Maybe if I and blue in there it'll look beter, or if I replace the radiatorhoses with black or stainless it might look beter.lexifiedklaar004.jpg

wow...... that right there is my dream 240sx man :(

i am going to be starting that this winter hopefully when i get the money.

how much overall did it cost you if you dont mind?

and where did you pick this motor up from?

Cost, difficult to say, I'm from South Africa so it might be different, In total I spend around R50000 on it but that includes a turbonetics turbo, wastegate, BOV's and a few other things that still needs to be installed.

I'm using a Microtech LT10s.

that looks awesome man! im doing the same swap but in a 240sx...i have questions if you dont mind:) i already got the engine..1uzfe from a 92 SC400...do you think i will have problems with it being rear sump?

anyways good job:)

oh man!..thanks a lot!...now i need to find a front sump><
does anyone have front sump laying around and wants to sell it for cheap?..someone? please:D

So did you put black hoses on the engine or what did you decide? It looks great! Super clean. I think black hoses will look really smooth. Have any other pictures of the car?

thanks man:)

did you modify anything related to the power steering? i mean the hoses or fitting? sorry for the questions.hehe. its just that i really want to do this swap. im so excited:veryhappy:

it looks like you converted it to a map sensor instead of the factory maf. How difficult was it? I'm considering doing this when i supercharge my ls400.