1uzfe auto box convert to cable shift link?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TurboRA28

Hi all, i'm currently putting a 1uzfe in a Toyota Coaster bus. I am looking at attempting to convert the automatic shifter to a cable arrangement as it would seem easier than trying to make up the linkages.

Has anyone had any experience in doing this?

Thanks
Joel

Thanks mate.. Also, did you have to make something to mount the cable to the gearbox?

Attachments

• post-93002-11999377761731410152.jpg
    post-93002-11999377761731410152.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 4
the one bracket that came with the B&M shifter worked perfectly there, so if you're not going to use a shifter like that you will have to fabricate one.​

I had placed a B&M rachet shifter into my ls400.

all i had to do was
1 flip the lever over so it was pointing downwards
2 make a bracket that bolts on to the rear off gearbox pan
3 cut the original rod then drilled an taped to suit the threaded end off the cable linkage

done

i do have some pictures on my thread, there on page 6
http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=107731&postcount=117

hope this helps you out

Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

I went with a TCI Outlaw. I prefer the pistol-grip and the black cover.

2008-10-03-01.jpg

A mate of mine used the B&M Pro Ratchet but I didn't like the fact that I'd have to ratchet twice between Reverse and Park (since the gap is twice as far). The TCI Outlaw is not a ratchet shifter.

2009-07-08-01.jpg

The way I worked out the length of the selector arm was...

- Measure the arc the selector on the gearbox takes from Park to 1st (The a341e goes through 60 degrees).
- Measure the Amount of cable pulled by the shifter from Park to 1st (The outlaw was somewhere around 50mm... I can't remember exactly)

- Using a bit of maths the formula was as follows:

Arm Length = ((360 / Selector Arc) * Cable Pull) / ( 2 * PI)

Basically I'm working out the radius of a circle, using the length of part of the circumference.

So my formula was:

Arm Length = ((360 / 60) * 50) / ( 2 * PI)
Arm Length = 47.75mm

IMPORTANT: The values I've plugged in here are from memory. MEASURE YOURS FIRST!

Andrew