MSD or After Market Ignition Upgrade

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
You wire it up??
Going CDI? Autronic or M&W perhaps???????
Mercury marine coil perhaps, you will need to make a mount for them and find some straight ignition leads to go on.

MSD - my spark disappeared.
Save your money, get the Autronic or the M&W. I have installed a few of each and have had success with both. You need something where you can map your dwell time vs rpm so you can drop the energy of the spark at high rpm which drops the power required from the box and increases its life (not that I have a seen an Autronic or M&W come to the end of its life).

CDI will put more energy in your spark, but its over a shorter time length compared to an inductive system. I have seen small increases when nothing else has changed, going from inductive to CDI ignition. I can see the advantages on a high reving big block or high bosst engine to go CDI, but I am not too sure about a stock engine yet I have seen changes. Many variables there are.

Cheers Kdog,

I forgot to mention i will be running the link(LEM) with a dual ignitor. I will have to some do more research on the capabilities of this dual ignitor and if it can feed after market coils. One of the standard coils on my engine was crushed in transit so i have to replace it any way. Damn, I was hoping to get away with the MSD coils as i know i can get them at a good price...

I've just finished re-wiring a lexus twin turbo with a Wolf 3d and MSD into a mates car. The MSD system is using a DIS4 which is firing 4 holden v6 coils (ignitor module removed). The distributors aren't used anymore.

The MSD DIS4 is not directly compatible with the MSD so i made a small signal invertor circuit for about $8 in parts from an electronics shop and she's apples! Have only done a mild low speed street tune so far. I want to do the full tune on the dyno in about 2 weeks.

You could continue to use the distributors if you wanted to, and instead run just an MSD DIS2 or a pair of MSD 6A(L)'s.

Plug gaps are at 1.1mm at the moment, and they are copper plugs... not much else to share in the way of info at the moment. I'll post some pics soon.

Cheers,
Ian Swinkels.