I have been Immobilised. Help?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
If you wire in a diagnostic plug you could plug in a scanner and see if there is an immobiliser code. I would also try spraying some engine start into the manifold and see if it runs longer. From watching the video it could also be the ECU turning the injectors off due to a poor or incorrect Feedback (IGF) signal due to a faulty coil or poor connection between ignitor and coil or ignitor and ECU. Good luck. Cheers

Thanks for the help. Your feed back helped me determine it was the immobilizer. I went to a wrecking yard and pulled an ECU out of a 10/94 built UCF20 and plugged it in. When we cranked the engine, the ecu was firing 180 degrees over and backfired through the intake. My buddy was looking at the ECU pinouts on both the wire diagrams of the 96 and 97 and found that Toyota flipped the two igniter wires to prevent from swapping out the computer of an immobolized car for a non immobiliser ECU.

Let's hope nobody runs into this issue again. Here's a video of it running longer. No motor mounts just yet so we didn't let the car run for long.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEvlZcoE1Ik[/youtube]

Thanks for the help. Your feed back helped me determine it was the immobilizer. I went to a wrecking yard and pulled an ECU out of a 10/94 built UCF20 and plugged it in. When we cranked the engine, the ecu was firing 180 degrees over and backfired through the intake. My buddy was looking at the ECU pinouts on both the wire diagrams of the 96 and 97 and found that Toyota flipped the two igniter wires to prevent from swapping out the computer of an immobolized car for a non immobiliser ECU.

Let's hope nobody runs into this issue again. Here's a video of it running longer. No motor mounts just yet so we didn't let the car run for long.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEvlZcoE1Ik[/youtube]

hi i have a 95 ls400 with the same problem as you are having im guessing it the immobiliser cutting out the ecu as when i pulled the rest of the loom out i found an immobiliser ecu but it isnt connected... could you point us in the right direction to which ecu you have used and which wires had to be changed over. many thanks charlie. :D

I guess youtube linking and editing your own post is forbidden in Lextreme lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEvlZcoE1Ik

I think lextreme has database or php code issues. We had something like this happen on cencalsupras.com a little while back. we had to go back and restore from a vew weeks back before the database corruption happened. This is probably why the smileys and other php linked items on this forum are jacked. Which leads me to believe that the corruption or coding errors are too far back to restore without losing months or even several years of posts.

Sorry I forgot to check the thread. Non Immobilized ECU's are the 95 and 96. You have to switch the IGN 1 and 2 wires around at the plug or just cut and flip.