My exhaust has been built

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been building a supercharged engine for almost as long as I've been on Lextreme. Seems like forever.

Well my engine is now bolted together and I've had an exhaust built to carry the dirty gases away.

Nice 4 into 1's and high flow cats.

The entire system is mandrel bent 3" with 1 3/4" headers ceramic coated.

We also coated the clutch slave cylinder and heat shield as space is VERY tight.

Hope to have it in the chassis next week and moving forward.

Photos below are self explanatory.

Not the best photos but it looks nice and hopefully it will do the job.

Looking awesome Rod, so neat and tidy! Who built it if I may ask?

*offtopic*
Putting my headers on was one of the worst things I ever did hehehe.... Performance is good but the ticking sound they create annoys me to no end.

Dennis O'Malley from Grim Performance in Hornsby crafted those.

All the pipes are within 10mm (3/8") of each other in length.

Jake is right the left hand set look longer as they turn earlier and hence are further toward the rear when they merge. The right hand set has to go lower to fit the merge and cat in before ducking up and over the transfer case.

Their going in my Range Rover. Expect around 600FWHP from the engine once sorted.

It almost looks too nice to use.

Wasn't cheap, but quality never is. Parts alone were over $2,500.00!

Rod,

Very nice.

Looks like small bullet cats on the collector outlets?

What is your expected RPM range, torque peak target, HP target?

RPM range is 2,-6,000 rpm. THe cams will run to 7,000 but the simulations drop off after 6,500.

Power is 610FWHP on the simulator and torque was 454lbft.

I know the drive line (5 speed manual plus transfer case, 4" steel driveshaft and Nissan Patrol diffs will eat up a lot of HP & torque so every little bit helps.

It should all be together sometime in the next couple of months then we'll see what the dyno tells us.

It will take a while as I'm flat out organising a Military Tattoo for my kids School that will have almost 1,000 performers and 4,000 paying patrons. You should see the OH&S documentation I've had to produce. Lucky I don't have a job! Or a life.

Very nice exhaust Rod, nice to see some pics finally! Still getting distracted by school? - lucky you retired!

Looking forward to seeing the Rangie up and running!

Edz

PS: In case you are wondering what Zufffen is playing with as he's shy ......

Oxygen Sensor

Hey, just out of interest, what Oxygen Sensor will you run in these headers?

Seems like the mounting position is a bit further back from the factory position. Do you think the single wire (non-heated) will work effectively in that position?

Reason I ask is that I've just about finished mine off (for a hilux) and just need to pressure test them before I send them off to get Ceramic Coated. Need to replace my factory ones as I'm sure they are dead and they reposition the O2 sensor further back and I'm concerned that being further back that they will take longer to heat up and work/not work effectively.

I don't suppose you'd know if they are wind band or narrow band to?
Sorry for hijack...

Cheers,

Shuey

Wow, those look great. Much more the dimensions I'd expect for this motor, long equal length primaries. Larger diameter than I expected but if your in the 600hp neighborhood at those rpms they're probably right on. Sound clip when done sure would be nice.

Seems like the mounting position is a bit further back from the factory position. Do you think the single wire (non-heated) will work effectively in that position?

Reason I ask is that I've just about finished mine off (for a hilux) and just need to pressure test them before I send them off to get Ceramic Coated. Need to replace my factory ones as I'm sure they are dead and they reposition the O2 sensor further back and I'm concerned that being further back that they will take longer to heat up and work/not work effectively.

I don't suppose you'd know if they are wind band or narrow band to?
Sorry for hijack...

Cheers,

Shuey
I kept the left O2 sensor, extended the right O2 sensor and moved it back about 2 feet. This is for before-cats sensors. I also moved both after-cat O2 sensors back to about 2 feet. I have a single turbo system and I never had any problems with this setup. The car is a SC400 and it runs like normal.

Rod,
Your exhaust system looks nice. It's worth the $. Drooling!!!

Zuffen, beautiful headers and bends. They always look nice when they are ceramic coated like that. So, does this mean you will be running your car soon?

Ryan

Scott,

Probably a month away from running.

I did a list of 54 things to do before the engine can start.

One task is put the body back on as I can only get the engine in with the body off!

I hope to get my wiring loom back next week which will allow me to wire it then fit the intake sstem that should encourage me to work on it.

I don't know what oxy sensors it will run as I told the wiring Guru to fit what he felt was best as he would know more than me on this. Then if it goes wrong it isn't my fault.

Scott,

Probably a month away from running.

I did a list of 54 things to do before the engine can start.

One task is put the body back on as I can only get the engine in with the body off!

I hope to get my wiring loom back next week which will allow me to wire it then fit the intake sstem that should encourage me to work on it.

I don't know what oxy sensors it will run as I told the wiring Guru to fit what he felt was best as he would know more than me on this. Then if it goes wrong it isn't my fault.

Non-heated sensors will have no chance of working back that far.
They need to be very close to at least one exhaust port to get warm.

A heated sensor is a must when you are that far away.

Non-heated sensors will have no chance of working back that far.
They need to be very close to at least one exhaust port to get warm.

A heated sensor is a must when you are that far away.

Peewee,

I agree heated sensors would be better than single wire.

I'll be talking to my wiring man next week so should be interesting what he thinks.