Have these swaps been done before?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a couple of mates I have converted to 1UZ-FE's.

One wants to fit it to a Triumph Stagg. the other wants to drop it into a Toyota Bunderra.

Has nayone seen either of these two swaps and if so any advice. The Stagg would stay with the auto trans and the Bunderra would look to use the existing 5 speed manual.

Any help appreciated.

A Bunderra is a short wheelbase Landcruiser.

Rod

Speak to Steve at Quickfit Motorsport at Hornsby. I am pretty sure he has done the Stag conversion.

Brett

Last edited by a moderator:
bundy, not that i know of, but it would be realy easy, cause of they are largely based on the hilux, so bell housings etc would not be a problem

Thnaks guys,

I will pass this on.

Looks like we will have two new members within a couple of weeks.

The mate with the Stag is collecting my spare engine and engine crane this weekend to have a test fit to see what is involved and if he wants all the work.

hey, there's a guy here that did one into a toyota blizzard, sort of a small landcruiser.
i am putting a 1uz in my forty series cruiser.
the one that got put into the blizzard kept a auto box, while i am going down the factory four speed road,
all i can say is that atleast in a landcruiser there is heaps of room under the bonnet.
glen

Hi to all, just joined the forum so this is my first post.

Rod
I have a mate here in Auckland running 1uz in a swb prado (japanese version of bundera) fits nicely and is mated to the standard r151 5 speed box.

A UZ 1 can fit into a triumph stag.
is a tight fit but really brings the stag to life.Is such a great motor.
Sounds like there is one conversion running arround in Sydney already, Mine is almost on the road in Auckland NZ and have been contacted by Robin in Perth WA who is about to fit one to his stag.
Who knows, this conversion may catch on even more.