so my traction control light has been on for a few months

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Warm Pudgy

I have a 92 sc400.
I haven't noticed any problems other than fishtailing when it rains.

But what concerns me is that not only is the TCS light on. The check engine light is on as well. Im pretty sure they came on at the same time so i think the problem is related

So anyways my question is, what kind of TCS does the sc4 use?

I prefer to fix things myself, so I've been doing a little research into traction control systems.

From what I've found is there are a few types of TCS.

1. suppress the spark
2. limit fuel supply or completely close the throttle, such as a drive by wire TCS. I believe this is what cruise control uses as well.
3. braking the wheels

I haven't seen too many threads on traction control here yet. But from what I've read so far is that it is some type of hydraulic system. Possibly integrated with the braking?

Am I headed in the right direction?

OH! I almost forget! My radio just went kaput, dead, useless.
With no warning.
It has a bunch of mumbo jumbo on the lcd display.

I read some where that the SC models come with a stereo anti-theft thing.
Could this be a cause?

I plan on replacing it anyways...could someone point me in the right direction for dismantling the console or what have you so that I might get in there?

the crap on your radio is im betting the anti theft system. you should have a code that you type in (numericly) to fix that (or that's what happened with me in a BMW, so i can only imagine this is the same)

had the same issue for ages with the traction control light staying on... topped up the break fluid and fixed it...

did another test when changing it.. emptied a fair bit out... took it for a short drive and within a few kms the light came back on...

to fix both the trac control and stereo issues i simply unplugged the battery

neither problem has come back yet

im guessing it was just a bad sensor or connection for the trac control

to fix both the trac control and stereo issues i simply unplugged the battery

neither problem has come back yet

im guessing it was just a bad sensor or connection for the trac control

unpluggin the battey generally removes any electrical faults... they will come back though once you reconnect it..... just kiddin i knew what you ment...

yeah a reset is good to do in most situations.. just for reassurance thats its not just a once off