new member, been reading on the 2uz block swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

chnk

hey im new to the lextreme forums, but im not new on the clublexus forums(same name)

Now i've been extremely interested in doing a 2uz block swap on my 95 sc400.

I recently ran over a cement median in my sc http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-tanks-need-oil-pan-diagrams.html#post5991802

the upper oil pan is cracked, and he lower oil pan needs to be resealed. I looked into pulling out the upper oil pan, and well i have to either remove the subframe or pull out the motor to get to the upper oil pan,

both task are a pain and with my motor having over 300k clocked on it. I thought I might as well put in a lower mile motor

Originally I was gonna just put another 1uz in it, but with the 2uz being around the same ballpark(i hope), why not go wit the 2uz. So i've been doing alot of reading on the 2uz and swapping the motor using the search button. Now I know alot of these questions have been answered but its always nice to clarify or see if anyone has new info not said in an older thread. I'm also looking to see if this swap is what I'm looking for.

My idea and some background info to help answer my questions.
This is my DD and is probably gonna stay NA. Im not looking for 500 whp or anything like that, ill be happy with 300whp. I have roughly $1000 to spend and will be doing the labor myself along with help my my cousins who are toyota and lexus mechanics. This will be my first swap done by myself, im pretty comfortable working on cars and would like this to be a simple easy learning process.

So here is what I had to ask, . . . .
With some to little mechanic work and under supervision on some mechanics familiar with toyota and lexus cars, and access to a shop with lifts and tools, do you think this swap is doable within a week?

The blocks are pretty much interchangeable, excluding the motor mounts and pistons? meaning everything will pretty much bolt up including the stock sc transmission, being a non vvti 1uz of course.

Ino its not very well looked upon, but being in college im broke pretty much most of the time. Has anyone successfully machined the stock 2uz pistons to work with the heads of the 1uz? Also what compression did you get? Also with the 1uz rods and 2uz pistons will I have to look into re-balancing?

What compression should I look for in my NA DD, for most power and reliability?

Also i'm looking into this swap for mostly power and torque gains. With the motor being 82 pounds heavier, is the power gained worth the money invested? I plan on bolts ons later down the road, internals will remain stock with the 1uz rods and machined 2uz pistons. How much whp and torque will I probably have?

I'm seriously planning on bolting the 1uz head to the 2uz block keeping the stock 2uz accessories to it, with 1uz rods, machined 2uz pistons, anything else I might have to do?

Last edited: