`92 surf v6 5 speed manual 1uzfe conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I can relate to all of that, my son used to come out into the shed when I was servicing our moto x bikes (5) It was good as he learnt to do his own rebuilds etc. The down side was as he went from teen to adult he left more and more of my tools laying about and or lost. I eventually had to lock up all of my good tools and leave him just the shit old ones.
Ah yes the terrible 2's my daughter is finding out what a 2 year old boy can get up to. He was doing a "nudie" run from the bathroom to the bedroom to get dressed but met the coffee table on the way through. Table 1 Jett 0, & 3 stitches above his eye lol.

Extractors for these are done now. Tri Y type and should fit most conversions. I'll advertise them for everyone when David says that I can(have asked no reply yet). But you wouldn't read about it.. Got the thing back from the exhaust guys sounding very mean and evil and the alternator decided that now was a very good time to die of old age. Given a few bad weeks at work she's been turned into a "Maori Shrub" and I'm now driving around in the "Golf ball" (Hail damaged '96 Mazda Astina GT, goes like stink, runs on the smell of a wet one but looks like a girls car)..

Talking about kids Sam found out the hard way last week why picking a bee up is not a good idea. After antihystamenes he spent a whole week looking like "Hellboy", bright red with one big fist. Score.. Bee 1 Sam 0

Hi guy's, well my project has been moving painfully slow however I have finished the engine mounts, gearbox mounts and sorted a few other bugs out. Unfortunately most of my time has been taken up trying to find a job.
Those headers sound good, how much will they cost though ?????
I'm still looking at using the 100 series V8 block headers as they really hug the block well.
So who didn't warn you about picking up bees LOL
Can hardly wait to finish this so I have a car once more and then I will have about 150 killer wasps at the wheels LMAO.

26,16,22p pin outs and wire diag please!!!!!!

if any one can help me with pin outs and a wire diagram for my conversion i would really appreciate it, i have the 26, 16, 22p plugs on my control unit and another little plug on the left hand side (ecu details facing up and plugs to me). the number on the ecu are 89661-30432.... not entirely sure which make it is from as the details on purchase were a little lacking, i know it has the seperate ecu for trans. im putting it into a 93 4runner v6 and its ready to go...just the wiring to do..any info can be emailed to me at ... [email protected]
please help:)
Juddy27677

running the standard 5 speed mate, done the dellows kit for the conversion and all is installed. going to get some custom exhaust manifolds made to fit but from there its all wiring...
:eek:

just do a search for kdogs uzs131 diagrams
they should eb around somewhere
i have my hand drawn ones but they are expensive to reproduce

if yr v6 is the normal efi toyota v6 then u can nearly make a plug in loom
use both looms and make one out of the two to plug in under the dash

if yr v6 is the normal efi toyota v6 then u can nearly make a plug in loom
use both looms and make one out of the two to plug in under the dash

thats the plan sideshow... just splice the two together... just having some trouble getting the nessessary pin outs for the crown ecu.... im thinking the trans ecu wont come into play because of the nature of my conversion.... i do have a quick question tho... do you know the pin outs or even what and where the 2 connectors comming from my v6 body to the ecu harness ( i know thats a bit vague but there in the L h kick panel with the ecu) and the ecu plugs into them.. from memory they are grey and white and a fairly solid looking connectors?? any advice knowledge parted would be appreciated mate

yes i have drawn up diagrams for most hilux and 4wds but sorry i dont hand them out
there are others on here that should be able to help with wiring and diagnosing
ive just moved to south brissy and need as much work as possible these days
i do mail order looms for these but the customer still needs to do some wiring
its not a direct plug in if u want to use as much of the 4 runner relays as possible
plus u need to pull tacho out and recalibrate it

running the standard 5 speed mate, done the dellows kit for the conversion and all is installed. going to get some custom exhaust manifolds made to fit but from there its all wiring...
:eek:

Crown wiring diagrams

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12635

And what year is the 4runner? Got the factory wiring diagrams for them which are easy enough to download from here

http://daemon4x4.org/portal/downloads.php?dcid=17

Reference ID for the manual is 166

Then it should be a matter of matching pins, oil pressure, temp and tach and you're done. Yes the tacho needs to be calibrated but that's easy to do

One little tip is use a Soarer/SC400 oil filter housing and Ryco Z493 oil filter

just look for some tny oil filters
one i used to use were 56mm tall and fit on a crown 1uz into a hilux 2wd

are u running the 4wd electric transfer still

Help!!!!!

Ok guys i got the wiring sorted to a point where my runner fires so pretty stoked about that but.... Now im looking at the mounting the engine on custom mounts as the kit i got from dellows doesnt line up...so im wondering have i got the engine far enough back cause when ive looked at the mounting points theres a bit of distance between them..ive had the sump modified to fit over the steering arm as i want to keep original height but when look at clearence for the factory v6 4runner radiator there is no way ill get the thing in let alone a thermo on as well.... Also am i wrong by trying to mount the thermo on the engine side of the radiator??? Cause thats where it makes sence to be..pulling the colder air in...what do i have to do to get it to sit back further???? Everything is bolted up from dellows and the clutch pedal feels nice. My 4runner is a 93 sr5 vzn130 r150f..do i use a dirrerent radiator?? Just a little stuck...have some pics of various stuff from the truck build so far pics of dellows mounts (useing the 1uz orig engine mounts)037.jpg

094.jpg

095.jpg

032.jpg

023.jpg and a custom template i did for a mount ect (you can see how far the mounts are apart by this pic)....

OMFG!!!

You have one great big F.U.B.A.R sitting right there.. And I really hope that you have not cut the original engine mount points off of the chassis. Best you give me a call

Help!!!!!

i havent cut any of the mounting points or anything like that just tried to set it where it is but not happy with it as i mentioned... as for the mount i made its a basic set to really see how it all sat and just how far the mounting points were apart. any help would be awesome and really appreciated....

engine mounts

Hi , I also purchased the same engine mounts but from Venom Cobras and yes they do not work. I ended up scouring this site and found some that do. I have made a set and they give you enough room to fit the standard radiator and a slim thurmo fan. You will have to use the prop shafts from a LN130 2.8 Diesel if you dont want to start shortening and lengthening the original ones. The only other thing that needs modifying is the gearbox mount. Here are some pictures of mine. You can then use the original V6 rubber engine mounts also. As the last picture shows there is enough room . I have read that you can fit a 3 row diesel radiator which does the job well however you need to fit a good shroud setup to ensure the fan is pulling all the air through your radiator. My projece had come to a halt due to limited funds :mad:
Bloody pictures would not upload, flick me an e-mail ok
[email protected]

Last edited:
i havent cut any of the mounting points or anything like that just tried to set it where it is but not happy with it as i mentioned... as for the mount i made its a basic set to really see how it all sat and just how far the mounting points were apart. any help would be awesome and really appreciated....

E-mail sent

Hi , I also purchased the same engine mounts but from Venom Cobras and yes they do not work. I ended up scouring this site and found some that do. I have made a set and they give you enough room to fit the standard radiator and a slim thurmo fan. You will have to use the prop shafts from a LN130 2.8 Diesel if you dont want to start shortening and lengthening the original ones. The only other thing that needs modifying is the gearbox mount. Here are some pictures of mine. You can then use the original V6 rubber engine mounts also. As the last picture shows there is enough room . I have read that you can fit a 3 row diesel radiator which does the job well however you need to fit a good shroud setup to ensure the fan is pulling all the air through your radiator. My projece had come to a halt due to limited funds :mad:
Bloody pictures would not upload, flick me an e-mail ok
[email protected]

Due to a budget of $0 when I built my one I made up mounting brackets out of scrap steel and used the original LN130 Surf rubbers so no mods to the chassis or changes to any original driveline angles. I use the stock 3 row TD Surf radiator with a spal 16 inch fan with no shroud per-se and even with the A/C on she stays cool even during Perths Hotter days. Now according to all of the "Experts" there is no way that this was possible and my answer was either "the Surf is over there.. go tell it that" or " you might like to get on a plane and come over here and inform my car of that fact". A few intitial clutch issues aside and she runs like a charm yet I'd never use that Dellows rubbish again. All conversions since while based on mine have been improved upon to an extent where I have a factory build look and function to them. But hey I'm only an automotive engineer and according to all these "experts" know nothing. I'm joining jim and getting out of it. I'm going to play with "Big boys toys" but am still happy to share the knowledge