Twin turbo UZ ST185

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Nah the 3.7 was just too peaky and made the car very hard to drive....would dissolve the rears into smoke way too easily.

I run a TRD 2.92:1 diff which is awesome...a real revelation. In fact, in all my proj cars in future i will look to run as tall a diff as the torque will handle.

All the performance figures are with the taller ratio.

For which car is the 2.92 available?
Is it still for sale? I've never seen a 2.92 diff. I had a 3.2 diff for the MA70 from a turbo A TRD car. Had it for some time and sold it to a german customer when I decided to quit the mk3 supra and go nissan skyline. Yeah we all make mistakes!

My diff is from a JZA70 but this is a competition TRD diff not a 'sell to the public' option. I bought it from a local Toyota race team still new in box. I have a spare too ;)

Justen does your diff have a 200 or a 220mm ring gear?

I'd love to get my hands on a 2.92 R&P set for the big 220mm LSD that comes with the 6spd setup in the Supra. AFAIK, only 3.13 (USDM) and 3.27 (JDM & Europe) ratios were available.

It's G series so 8 inch (203mm).

More than strong enough for anything bar a 9 sec 1/4 launch and even then it would be the half shafts that went, not the centre. Any bigger and you are just adding unwanted weight in my book.

Mind you i am in a sub 1400kg car so a heavy behemoth may need the toyota '9 inch'.

Justen do you have a listing for the Toyota diff codes? I had started compiling one years ago for the Supra, but didn't get very far. Here's what I have:

Axle Codes:X-YY-Z
X = Ring Gear Size where "A" is 200mm and "B" is 222mm
YY = Diff ratio - see table below for codes
Z = type of diff - see table below for codes

01 4.08
02 3.77
03 3.27
04 3.13?
05 4.08

A Standard diff?
B Torsen LSD Diff?
C
D diff code on my '94TT with A/T

More engine braking will be a plus for the track.

Engine is back in and clutch works fine. Had to m,ake up ,a longer slave cyl rod so will have to try and m,ove the pivot out at som,e stage as a better solution.

Time for a rant....how much of a bitch is that front water crossover to get off!!!!!! Had to disassemble half the right front of the engine and even then the loom was a right bitch to get out of the way. Not looking forward to reinstalling it :(

Justen,
Is it possible to get another G-series differential or ring & pinion in the range of 3.0 to 3.2 ?
I had a TRD 3.2 once but sold it. Now I need another one, for a getrag into mk3 supra swap.

I don't know sorry Arnout? I found my 2 in a race team workshop gathering dust (both new in box) so if i ever break them i'd be stuffed but they appear to be as tough as nails so hoping i'll be OK.

Try TRD USA, best i can offer

Here you go Lextremers, the world's 1st (i believe) twin turbo AND supercharged 1UZ :D

front.jpg

A closer look at the intake side

intake.jpg

and my novel solution to the bypass valve....a simple (and cheap) BOV

bypass.jpg

no dyno results as yet as a few issues meant i finished too late to get there before heading off to the Toyota Nationals.....hope to have it dynoed soon though

Anyone else not seeing the pics, or is it just me?

(our IT Gestapo are probably at it again.....)