what turbo to go for?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Asi

hi there,
i bought a car and it came with a xs power t04 turbo. i want a garrett turbo as xs power have a bad review about them. any recomendations?
also i was wondering how power could the 1uzfe take on standard internals. the engine is out of a 1993 so they are he one with stronger internals.

A GT35/40 Gt3582R, GT4088R, T04Z, For street and performance forged assembly.. Anything GT42 with the GT4202 a good match..
Or Borg Warner S366 /S368 many exhaust housings can be fitted depending on tune, power options, compression etc..

A GT35/40 Gt3582R, GT4088R, T04Z, For street and performance forged assembly.. Anything GT42 with the GT4202 a good match..
Or Borg Warner S366 /S368 many exhaust housings can be fitted depending on tune, power options, compression etc..

Is the 3582R the one off the XR6 turbo?

Is the 3582R the one off the XR6 turbo?
Yep near enough.. The aftermarket has 100mm compressor cover...
Both 61 comp wheels..

The inlet doesn't have too much to do with boost ?? I would say more power at lower boost with alittle porting around head side of inlet curve..
Keeping in mind boost is a restriction of flow..
8 to 12 lb should be capable, inlet heat and engine durability wise...
The valve springs on these engines are only 55Lb seat pressure.
Any high boost is going to hold valves open...

XR8tt, thanks for the info mate I have a XR6 turbo and want to buy some stainless flanges for it. Saw some on fleabay but was unsure whether or not they would fit. Wondering if you could help me with some information.

Is it called a T04 or something?

Once I know I can buy intake and exhaust flanges and oil return pipe.

cheers
Rob

Depends on efficiency of tune, set up etc...
Tune and compression is limiting higher boost / numbers and std assembly durability..
Seems 450 / 500 h.p...
8 to 12Lb street and 15Lb with good fuel for short periods like 1/4 times...
RPM is an engine killer also...
Surf through other posts on here. There's heaps of info...

Last edited:
thanks for that guys.
my mate is selling a brand new garret duel ball baring turbo its a gt30/40r. its t3 with a 0.63AR. capable of 550bhp
what you's think?

thanks for that guys.
my mate is selling a brand new garret duel ball baring turbo its a gt30/40r. its t3 with a 0.63AR. capable of 550bhp
what yous think?
The .63 rear housing would be good up to 3 ltr..
I have two very similar specs [Precision] on a 5.4 push rod..
I would say it would choke in upper rpm, around 4000 rpm..
May have wastegate or boost control issues if internal waste gated ??
A 1.06 A.R turbine housing would be sweet...