VW & Porsche Transmission adaptors

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The probem with a trike is to use the Porsche box you need to flip the crown wheel over or invert the box, assumoing a mid mount set up. Inverting the box requires a new adaptor (although I think that would be easy to do) for these guy as it is only rotate the lathe 180 degrees.

I know the old 901, 911 and 915 boxes could flip the crown wheel but don't know about later G50 etc boxes. It's a bitch of a job but do-able.

Think about it a blown 1UZ in a trike weighing less than 700KG with the engine hung out the rear. Might need to fabricate some wheelie bars.

Rod,

Great find. The site stated 3000 cc V8. What does this mean? U know there prices on the adapter. Would love to have that in a Off Road Buggy.

Lex,

I was a bit confused at first but I think they mean the 3ltr V6 and the V8. I'm assuming the bellhousing on both would be the same.

I'll have a look at pricing.

Hi Zuffen, if you want a transaxle that is easy to flip over go for a Renault r21 turbo Un1, they come with a notch in front of the crownwheel, just take the crown wheel out and turn it around, i'm told its that easy, the R25 is the same, but they are harder to find now.
Regards
Lambo

Lambo,

I have enough trouble with my conventional trans.

I only posted the Website because I know a few others are looking for the info.

I'm an old Renault fan and know there transmissions were used in front of and behind engines so they needed to be able to flip the crown wheel. Their transmissions can also handle an amazing amount of power.

Hey Rod, I understand, for a moment i thought you were going to build a mid engine project, and yes the Renault boxes are pretty strong and well proven.
Regards
Lambo

Don't kmow.

I'm overseas at the moment andf I'll try and do some checking when I get home.

Should have an answer later this week.