V8 turbo?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bulldog11267mad

Well I am thinking of puting a turbo on my truck and I have a custom true duel exhaust on it. My questin is if I ran a turbo of let's say the left header only and nothing off the right side, is there any reason this would be bad? Would it do Anything to the engine?

you can also make the 2 sides exhaust go together in one turbo and split it into dual exhaust again after turbine.

If you use the turbo on one side only, the uneven backpressure of the two sides leads to more airwlow through the side without the turbo, again leading this side to run leaner than the other side... not good at all...

i'm running one Holset hx35 without any noticeable turbo-lag...

What's bad about it? What does it do to the engine? I am wanting to turbo a 5.7 actualy I bought the engine from you lextreme and have it in my 2003 tundra. If it is really bad what size turbos would be good for a twin setup what size turbo and what exhaust housing and air ratios? I would like full boost by 2500rpm's and hp rating of about 700 at the crank not that I would get that much probley get more like 600hp I just don't want to max out the turbo

Wow you got it running already? Some pictures please. I would do twin T3/4 right after the header and eliminate the cats. That should be high enough for the turbo oil to return and the fab will be very easy. This is what the poster said:
The uneven backpressure of the two sides leads to more airwlow through the side without the turbo, again leading this side to run leaner than the other side

Sorry I was writing when you posted. Yea I got it running but still have to program the transmission. Just trying to figure out how I would do a turbo set up. I don't know how to size a turbo. You say twin t3/t4 but what about the trim what trim is good size I have no idea

full boost by 2500rpm is pushing it a bit. 3000 to 3500rpm would by a better shooting point. The problem with the 2500 rpm is that a turbine setup small enough to be full spool by 2500 will most likely choke the engine in the upper RPM Range.

As for selection, a T3/T4 setup a T3 stage 2 turbine with a .63A/R housing combined with a T4 54trim compressor would get you what you want with great efficiency the entire time while under full boost. See link below. Notice that at no point while under full boost are you very below 72% efficiency with this the T4 54trim compressor. It is typically advised to stay above 65% which you are way above.
Note: This could deviate a bit either way depending on my accuracy with the veriables entered being that I dont know exact details of the engine but should be very close.

http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc...3=110&intake_temp_4=110&turbo_n=2&map_sel0=59

Here is just a pot of the engine on the T4 54trim map.
graph.php

ok cool thanks. with that size turbo does it give me growing room like if i built my block and wanted to up the boost more so i could get i dont 750 would these be able to do that or would i have to change turbos at that point?

Same basic setup at 750hp.. The only thing I would say is that if you wanted to go up to that level of power, you'd probably want to opt for the stage 3 or even stage 5. The stage 2 turbines will choke and hold back the engine at that power level. The stage 3 is on the borderline and the stage 5 would work great. The only problem is that they are going to rise your rpm of full boost a bit.

Anyways, here is the same 54trim with the same setup but up'd to 750hp leval. As you can see, you are still in the 70% or better range the entire time while at full boost....

graph.php

full boost by 2500rpm is pushing it a bit. 3000 to 3500rpm would by a better shooting point. The problem with the 2500 rpm is that a turbine setup small enough to be full spool by 2500 will most likely choke the engine in the upper RPM Range....
I agree with you on this. A turbo car can start boosting at 1500 RPM has a very fast boost and it can reach full boost at 3000-3500 RPM, which is normal. Many big turbo cars don't have full boost until 4000 RPM. For your 5.7 engine, you have a very good low end, so it'll help with the power at low end. And when you look at 600-700 hp, that means you'll need big turbos that'll boost a little slower than small fast turbos.

Yea .. BUT you don't want 600 odd h.p all at once..
A Gt35/40 1.06 A.R would spool just fine.. With auto where there is some
lower rpm load they will spool any time you want..
They also can have internal wastegate if room is an issue, but I would use the largest flapper available..
Another favourite of mine is the T04z. Being a T4 turbine .84 to 1.00 A.R housings work fine also..
There isn't much between singles and twin.. Yes maybe twins can boost alittle sooner ?? But generally a good single can have more mid and upper power band.. There's far too many variables..
Lextreme has piston & rods available..

are you saying a GT35/40 would be good for a single turbo or twin?

They use the GT35/40 on 4.0 Fords here in Aussie from factory as single turbo. http://www.fpv.com.au/fpv-range/f6/overview.aspx
They are 700 h.p turbo's..
Power output of turbo's is at MAX boost etc.. Any turbo that would work on engine this size needs to total approx 700+ h.p.. It's exhaust flow through turbine...
Two could be used ?? But would have to be FORGED assembly!!
With .84 A.R.. Maybe the Gt30/40 ?? But they are not cheap..

The Master Power T67 / t70 brand work well for the budget ..