Ultimate dream machine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

metalavenger

Hi everyone!
Although ihave been around this site for quite some time now, this is my first introduction post. I am currently building a Datsun 240z which is powered by none other than our beloved 1uzfe. To date the car has run a decent 12.6 in the 1/4 mile!
Current modifications:
1uzfe (stock), altezza 6fwd gearbox, r32 rear independent suspension with vlsd, r32 front rotor and calipers, 245 50 17-front, 275 45 17 rear tyres on a set of staggared rims. Engine run by Haltech e6k.

Future upgrades:
Twin turbos,t56 gearbox, full tube frame, aem ems, tilton clutch

I have already built the car in my head and realise how huge this project is. I am able to do the majority of the work myself but the killer is the amount of coin needed to purchase parts!

Goals:
A 1400 hp (approx) car capable of low 7sec passes and still be somewhat streetable.

Yes folks, this is the thing that occupies about 80% of my brain activity!

Cheers!

Metal, welcome to Lextreme!

Please post some pics of your car. Always liked the 240z. I bet it is lighter now with the 1uzfe than that cast iron 2.4 straight six it came with.

12.6 in the quarter is very respectable as NOT one of the "muscle cars" of the 60s and 70s ran in the 12s. This is not for factory racecars but rather the showroom STOCK (as delivered) The Hemi Cuda, Chevelle 454 LS6, Buick GS 455 Stage 1, Boss 429 Mustang, Trans Ams, Z28s, etc. were all 13 second cars (or slower) as delivered on stock tires.

Your plans are ambitious and as noted expensive. Best of luck.

Other than the transmission and Haltech what if any other mods do you currently have? Obviously some sort of custom exhaust. Headers? Engine work? Have you dyno'd? What does it weigh? From that and your quarter times we can calc the power.

Last edited:
"Goals:
A 1400 hp (approx) car capable of low 7sec passes and still be somewhat streetable."

The key word here being "somewhat" absolutely love it :D

Not quite sure how much she weighs, but I would estimate approx 2300lbs. Proper weighing and dyno tune still to be done.

Attachments

• 1uzfe.jpg
    1uzfe.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Metalavenger.jpg
    Metalavenger.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 10
Provisions have already been made for the twin turbos by placing the battery in the trunk and relocating the clutch and brake assemblies under the dashboard, creating some space to the rear of the engine.

if the car weighs 2300lbs, 1400hp will give u a very very low 7-sec pass ;)

you don't need to go absolutely crazy whatsoever and the car can remain very streetable. we are making close to around 1200hp with our twin turbo 1UZ and it does a couple hundred kilometres of driving a week and runs a healthy 8.20@166 on the 1/4 mile.

only upgrades we have done are a mild port, cams (not much bigger than factory, however has .410'' lift), rods, pistons, valve springs, custom top plenum (runs factory bottom manifold) and ARP head studs. everything was left factory and revs no worries up to 8500rpm probably further we just never spun it that high :p it also wasn't very dear, seems when people say they are doing a Lexus, things usually double even triple in price. if u can do a bit of the work it will save u alot of money.