Where is the "ultimate" 1UZ thread"? Need to qualify Ross piston comment

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I found this thread to have very useful information for those that want to consider using after market piston applications for our 1uz-fe built motors...

Good 1uz-fe engine building info. on this thread... Read and learn for all you new comers to the forum...

Conclusion -

Mahle pistons are top notch...(Ferrari based) I've seen those Ferrari pistons, rods, cranks, etc...All amazing eye candy for a regular Joe like myself....

Ross pistons - Can with stand huge power output as witnessed in 800hp+ dragsters but when applied to the 1uz-fe's they tend to be a bit undersized so many experience cold engine piston rattle until engine is warm and pistons expand to meet up with the cylinder walls...

Is that correct? Anyone care to add their experiences with after market pistons that are applied to the UZFE's...

Just trying to aquire useful information incase I or others plan on building a monster 1uz-fe in the future.....

All other brands seem to be ok... Didn't get enough info. to comment on them...

I use C.P pistons both on my Dart block 330 Ford and 1Uz build...
They can run rather tight clearance for power levels...

I don't take too much notice what they use on top fuel type engines !!!
They are so far different to road going engine. Its like comparing a piston engine to jet engine.. Besides they only last 5 seconds and spin only 800 rev's between being pulled apart....

i hate to bring this up but the All Blacks cant play rugby lol

I could make ashtrays out of them? But I suppose they aren't up to that either.

I once heard a New Zealander tell me the All Blacks didn't know how to play Rugby. On that basis he would be an expert (a New Zealander) so obviously he's corrct. Ergo The All Blacks can't play Rugby.

Same thinking as your engine builder. Just a little closer to home.

RX7 - The all blacks can't play rugby, but I can tell you this they can sure play American football...There big, fast, juiced up, and will kill you..... I don't see why these American football players can't transittion over rugby and dominate...

XR8tt - So the C.P. Pistons are good too go... What are they rated at? How come you chose that brand?

RX7 - The all blacks can't play rugby, but I can tell you this they can sure play American football...There big, fast, juiced up, and will kill you..... I don't see why these American football players can't transittion over rugby and dominate...

XR8tt - So the C.P. Pistons are good too go... What are they rated at? How come you chose that brand?

I have them in my Ford which punches out 482 RWKW as a street car..
Mind you my EBC / boost is set lower most the time..
They would take 1500 h.p easy, Up there with Diamond, J.E, Wiseco,Arias etc.. Used in most top Jap engines...
They don't require big clearance's on forced induction engines..
Ring seal is very good on them, even with .028 top and .032 bottom ring clearance..
The clearance on 1UZ engine will be alittle tighter.. From memory .0035 bore clearance and .020 top ring .025 lower compression ring ..
To prevent ring flutter and better ring seal..
The pistons are also gas ported to help ring seal...
Being low comp pistons they all have to be custom made...
I have better top ring location in the 1UZ as the Ford motor has a little stroker crank and longer rod to get better rod angle which closses up pin height etc... http://www.cppistons.com/

Ummm Jibbby, the All Blacks are New Zealand's national Rugby Union team, and their name has nothing at all to do with the color of their skin.

They were knocked out of the Rugby World Cup quarterfinals in an upset match against France, which is why Zuffen was taking the p*ss.
Allez les bleus!

The US rugby team didn't do too badly in the World Cup, and managed to only lose to England 28 to 10 last month, which considering England were defending champs, is saying something for the fledgling US team.

John,

England aren't the defending champs.

Johnny Wilkinson is!

Without Johnny those guys couldn't win a darts contest.

They couldn't even score a try against Australia and our team is pretty pathetic at the moment. Almost as bad as the All Blacks and that's saying something!!!

OOOppps, don't I feel like the jackass.... I thought you guys were refering to the color of skin....WOW...

Anyway, go blacks I guess...... I am sorry I don't follow Rugby too much...Or futbol for that matter...It's American thing I guess...

Thanks for the correction Cribbj...

I watched SA power their way through Argentina the other night, on French Canal 5. It was great to see an entire match without a SINGLE COMMERCIAL interruption, except at halftime.

I'm on my way home atm, and was really looking forward to seeing the match between SA and England, but it probably won't even be shown in the US, with our cr*p selection of international channels. Else it'll be shown in 5 minute bites separated by 5 minutes of commercials, the way the rest of our TV programming has gone. I rarely even turn the television on anymore when I'm in the US, the programming is so poor.

I think England are going to get their arses kicked in a serious way by the South Africans on 20 October.

I watched SA power their way through Argentina the other night, on French Canal 5. It was great to see an entire match without a SINGLE COMMERCIAL interruption, except at halftime.

I'm on my way home atm, and was really looking forward to seeing the match between SA and England, but it probably won't even be shown in the US, with our cr*p selection of international channels. Else it'll be shown in 5 minute bites separated by 5 minutes of commercials, the way the rest of our TV programming has gone. I rarely even turn the television on anymore when I'm in the US, the programming is so poor.

I think England are going to get their arses kicked in a serious way by the South Africans on 20 October.

lol yer england will get there arses kicked but how much can the 1 and only Johnny Wilkinson kick, but SA are looking dam good going to be very hard to beat Johnny's got to have a dream game and they have to D up big time but don't underestimate Johnny lol

I am curious, is anybody using the Ross pistons from the GB on Lextreme in their FI applications now? We (My machine shop) kept the tolerances snug, but within spec according to Ross recommendations. Is anybody experiencing noise upon cold start up from the pistons?

What power levels are you running at with the pistons?

Please provide any other details of actual experiences you have with the Ross pistons we bought in the Lextreme GB.

Thanks,

Ryan

My ross pistons (non Lextreme purchase) were definitely noisy when cold but after a few minutes they would quiet down. I didnt even notice it at first, I had to have it pointed out to me by my shop, so if you downt know what to listen for you may not even notice it.

I just brought up a thread recently on Ross pistons...Word is rumored like Morris said...Loose when cold but tightens up when heated... You may experience a little piston rattle when cold...