Ultimate Go Kart?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Is it really Father's Day this weekend? The only holiday of the year that I don't have to buy something for the wife and I'm missing it (over in the sandbox)? Bummer....

I'm still too fond of my old 2-4hp Briggs and Straton lawn mower engine home made go-carts of the past.... Now those were dangerous, chain flying off sprocket, steering getting locked, brake lockup, tires shreading, foot slipping of the frame and getting dragged underneathe the cart at 30mph, etc.. That Ebay pocket rocket looks safer then my Frankenstien specials of the past... :yikes:

I wonder how fast that little beast can go?... The ad does not say anything about power, speed and or times?

I was reading on another website about a similar jet powered kart without afterburner that would hit 70 mph, although by the description, it didn't sound like it accelerated all that quickly. On afterburner, I'd take a WAG and say the kart ought to do 100 mph pretty easily.

In the late 60's I used to race 100cc Komet engines on Margay sprint karts, and those would do an honest 70 mph on the longer tracks, depending on the gearing of course. With a pair of 125cc B-Bomb motors, an old race colleague, Lake Speed was well over 100 mph, so I'm guessing these little jets are comparable to these engines. The 100cc Komets probably made between 20 and 30 HP, while a pair of B-Bombs were closer to 75-80 HP.

yes nice indeed, but these guys are the originals.

the ringmini (nurnburg"ring" race team) team have build a gixxer cart quite a few years back, which was then the quickest around on the ring.

completly insane ofcourse but funny to watch going.

anyway "frishes gummy" means "fresh rubber" in english

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE26moshnO8

grtz Thomas

Now that would be a blast to ride if I didn't die trying to push it.....

110hp on 298lbs of go-cart is sick for speed.... I am thinking of what a 1100cc motorcyle has when comparing power to weight and it comes up way short of that go-cart....

So with that being said that go-cart hauls arse for sure...