Turbo manifold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Hennie Marais

This is the one manifold for my turbo conversion, 1UZ in S13 SX, I build it using shed 40 mildsteel, stainless just cracks to easy when welded incorrectly. I'l have it coated, but not in the normal silver/alloy color, but the black one as it looks beter on the engine.

Sanded manifold:
manifold13.jpg

Sprayed manifold(black)
manifold111.jpg

What do you think, it's not equal length(not enough space there) but it's a 4 into 1 with a nice collector.

Thanks, it's 1 5/8mm OD. I opted for the smaller one that matches the port size better. I'm running a single turbo so I want to keep the gas velocity as fast and hot as possible, The crossover pipe will be a 63mm(2.5inch) OD from the each manifold and then merging at the turbo.

Looking good mate. The plenum is very bling :) Does it sit on the stock lower runners? what was the reasoning?

ye, it's just for now that I used the stock lower section, to see how it'll perform with the larger penum and Q45 TB. So it's more to get a baseline figure on the dyno. I'm busy designing a new one that'll use billet CNC cut runners.

It all looks really good execpt for the wastegate tube is on backwords, im fairly sure you may end up with some boost control problems, creep possably.

objects with mass dont generally like having to make a 180deg turn at high speeds, air is an object with mass.

I never could understand why people put so much time and effort into building nice collectors with alot of regard to fluildflow and then just slap the wastegate where ever it seems easyest. with the mentality that those rules of fluid flow somehow dont apply to the extra tube for the wastegate.

all in all it looks really good tho. good work.

It can flow at some acute bends BUT it needs the intial pick up no more than 45* on weld where it starts to flow.. Pic doesn't show this area ..

It all looks really good execpt for the wastegate tube is on backwords, im fairly sure you may end up with some boost control problems, creep possably.

objects with mass dont generally like having to make a 180deg turn at high speeds, air is an object with mass.

I never could understand why people put so much time and effort into building nice collectors with alot of regard to fluildflow and then just slap the wastegate where ever it seems easyest. with the mentality that those rules of fluid flow somehow dont apply to the extra tube for the wastegate.

all in all it looks really good tho. good work.

It's the only way I could get it to fit, see attached pic. I welded a 90deg bend to the final collector before the turbo to mount the wastegate. Might have looked odd in the other pics.

Photo164.jpg