turbo manifold tube sizing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

chrisdoesitsideways

Im gonna be running a single Turbo on my 1uz and im curious to hear everyone's opinions on what size tubing I should use for my manifolds. I currently am planning on running 8 pounds. So I have two different sets of 3/8 SS flanges. One has 1.75 ports and the other 1.5 inch ports. Im thinking im gonna go with the 1.5 inch primaries into a 1.75 inch. This will be a log style manifold just because of lack of space. So the two 1.75 tubes will connect together from each side of the motor and up to the Turbo. The other option is the 1.75 primaries into a 2 inch to the Turbo. Any opinions? Im guessing the 1.5 inch to 1.75 will flow at higher velocity just because of the smaller tubing which would mean faster spool up versus the slower more open pipe which would be better for a higher boost application? ? This is my opinion.

Hi,
I an going for 1 5/8 primary's to a 4 to 1 collector to 2 1/2 inlets to the turbo's, I have only just started so will be a few weeks before I can post pictures

Alan

Attachments

• turbo3.JPG
    turbo3.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 50
Im assuming your running a single Turbo? So your using the 2.5 inch where the two sides come together to the Turbo? 570hp that would be nice. Im shooting for the 350ish range so im gonna do 1.5 runner to a 1.75 log with probably 2.5 to the Turbo should work well with my goals

Imo the smaller size and concentrate on better design as in
angle into log .. 90* is best to be avoided..
At modest power levels..
Not too many turbo manifolds don't work...

I've been using 1.5" for the 4 holes on each bank and merge into 1.75" into a single pipe. That's for each manifold on each side. Then both sides merge together in 2.5" before the single turbo. I've been boosting fine ever since and make near 400 rwhp. There's still lots of boost left.

Since this is a turbo thread, you may want to move it to the Forced Induction section, where you can get more responses.

Since this is a turbo thread, you may want to move it to the Forced Induction section, where you can get more responses.[/QUOTE]
Done..

YES Sideways..
Simple and well flowing for log style..
It's not F1 tech but we're not looking for F1 power..
Like the merge into log...Picture is worth 1000 words..

Just an update on my twin turbos, headers now done, will have them ceramic coated next week

Attachments

• Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Near Side.JPG
    Near Side.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 40
  • Near Side below.JPG
    Near Side below.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Off Side.JPG
    Off Side.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 38
  • PA200513.JPG
    PA200513.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Side.JPG
    Side.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Turbo's.JPG
    Turbo's.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 40
Alan, your exhaust looks much too nice to go on that lump!

It looks to be in need of some serious TLC :)

Hi.
Been a long time to get this far, I have the body fully sanded ready for the body shop, I have had the engine running, it started first time after sitting in the shed for 2 years, hope to be on the road in the new year.

Alan