TT Hilux. turbo manifold troubles.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dean

this is possibly the worst picture ever drawn on paint, but you should understand me. what im trying to do or get approval from people is this. mount my two t3t4 turbos on the left hand side of my ute similar to a rb 26 high mount set up, about 15 degrees offset to the left guard as there is no room to put them at the front of the engine or on side by side.

Now what i want to do from the right side i want to run it under the back of the bell housing to the rear turbo this will be double heat wrapped to keep heat in. then its 2.5'' off the back of the turbo, equal length or as close as, then a equalizer pipe about where the gear shifter is, a guy at a exhaust shop said it will work but has to have equalizer pipe. ( pipe that joins or kisses both pipes then goes back into twin separates)
my questions.

A. will this work?
B. will it still have a nice note?
c.legal noise ( has twin magna flow 2.5'' mufflers 9x4''

if its a big no no. i cant afford a single. and will go n/a but :( wont be happy about it.
simple drawing of what i mean not to scale.
78702610.jpg

By dean_ako at 2010-07-20

Two of them can work on one side.. If BOTH banks end up going through each turbo..
The cross over pipe should be 2" to one turbo .. While the 4 cylinders on that side flow to other turbo..
Just a straight through muffler on each exhaust pipe should be quiet enough ?? If not add two of them..
You don't require a ballance pipe between twin turbo application..
Just set wastegates close enough to each other to prevent low rpm surge..
Pre turbo pipes don't have to be very large...
A good Master Power T70 can be bought for $550 U.S / Under $1k AU...

Last edited:
can you send me a diagram similar to what i drew, just to get it 100% clear in my head atm i got a spaghetti of pipes in my mind.

hahah steering shaft and brake master cylinder are a royal pain in the arse ah! lol im just sitting my turbos in my engine bay at the moment,

have alook at my build thread on v-eight.com for some ideas if you like, i will have some pics up of the turbo mock up hopefully by the end of the day

to get some more room take the alloy spacer out from between your brake booster and firewall ( 20-25mm ) and get a v6 surf handbrake which means you can push your motor back firther as the little pulley bit is on the inside of the fire wall.

seen your build mate its looking good. keen to see these photos u doing either side? or out front ?

one on each side, its going to reqire a few cuts out of the guards hear and there but not so much that i cannot still sit low on my 19's and not have it rub:D working my arse off to get it to powercruise in november (FINGERSCROSSED )

just tacking manifold together now but got pissed off so might go back to it a bit later hahaah

yeah that will look pretty nice, make sure u get some photos up. what radiator did you use?? and what did u do for the say bar and tie rod? how did u over come it hitting and rubbing any photos?
thanks mate.

if the motor is back far enough you can fit the standard sway bar, ( we fitted the one on a mates ute but when my ute was na i couldnt fit it cause the motor was to far forward ) tie rod has never hit anything ? you mean the steering rod the goes between each side ? thats jsut a cut out sump to fix that. and for a radiator got a custom tripple core radiator made up but im concerned that that may not be enough for the turbos as well and also the intercooler will reduce the cooling even more hmmm lol ended up having a bit to bigger night last night so didt get to take any pics today ( due to a rather severe hang over haha ) ill post a couple up tomorrow

yeah i went and seen cHe's supercharged lux yesterday and almost passed out, for unfinished project its the nicest thing i have seen :O. he was grateful enough to give me some of his engine mounts witch has helped me alot becuase thats was the hardest thing i had to do.
once i have the motor mounted i can work around it. building my piping and what not i have seen some cheap custom made 3 core radiators but i also know a fj40 will fit nicely and my intercooler is going to be a modified air to air. im tigging on a water jacket ( air to water )and going to mount it in the right hand spot behind the front head light or in that general area.ill get some pictures up when i have started modifieing it.
as for the sway bar issue cHe, is the bloke who has the skyline setup on his ute and doesnt runn tortion bars because its a coil over set up front and rear.
im hoping my motor will just go back far enough for my bell housing to miss the sway bar because i cant dropp it to much because of the tortions hitting u know what i mean. and as an aprentice i cant afford to go all out on my suspension. and what not so i gotta make some stuff work. :confused:

nice nice nice. i would have gone big single if it would fit in the tiny hilux engine bay. idea for the future though.