fabbing 1uz turbo manifold questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I've never seen a problem with ceramic coat before if it's done properly, and with the real stuff. Not the cheap crap that looks like ceramic coat.

Yea I was told some time ago that it's not the best on stainless..
But I see many are using it...
Wrap with cause issues as stainless holds the heat while mild steel ceramic coated works well!!
I guess it depends on the type, quality of s/steel used ???

Make sure outer holes in flange are drilled out to allow for expansion..
This prevents heat distortion..
I've had no issues welding s/s to mild steel, using TIG s/s filler rod..

My V clamps are s/s to mild steel also...

What do you mean outer holes? All of the stud holes, or the outer exhaust ports?
btw, thanks everyone. There is a lot of useful info for beginners.
Charley

What do you mean outer holes? All of the stud holes, or the outer exhaust ports?
btw, thanks everyone. There is a lot of useful info for beginners.
Charley
Yep drill the outer holes in flange plate enough to allow for some expansion.. The centre bolts / studs will hold things in place...

If you look at a factory set of manifolds, you will see that from factory this is done.

the two centre ports have holes the right size for the stud.
the further away from the centre the studs are the larger the holes get.

replicate this one your manifold flanges and things will be ok,
it is to prevent the heat expansion of the flange plate from stressing and snapping manifold studs.

CT20 turbo's are a lil bit yukky, but I see no reason for them not to work.

from memory they are found on 2.4L turbo diesels.

you will get boost early and also it will run out of airflow early too.

you can only but try them and see what happens.

It will work, it has no choice,
but you may get heat issues and compressor surge and perhaps if the wastegate's are not large enough, boost creep.

but it will work.

Yeah, i was doing more research last night. It seems that i am very confused d as the seller of the pair of ct20's said he pulled it off a stock tt supra, so i have no clue to what the Guy is talking about, but either way, it seems that the turbos are a little awkward sized. Back to searching for t25's it is. Thanks for your help.

Charley

id say the ct20's from a 3L supra would be diferent to the c20's from a 2.4 diesel..

just like the T25's from the SR20, VG30 and CA18 are all different.

I have a T25 from a VG30TT on my air cooled 1300cc citroen, its boost threshold is
around 3500rpm perhaps closer to 4000rpm but that's ok cos it has power through to 7000rpm if I need it.

virtually anything from a 2L petrol engine will work just fine. even an 1800cc engine and maybe a 1600cc if its a high performance 1600.

That seller was confused about the turbos on the TT Supra.

If they were truly taken off a stock 2JZ-GTE, they're CT12's not CT20's.

I've forgotten what the single is on the 7M-GTE, maybe it's a CT20?

Not saying he doesn't have a pair of CT20's, just that that's not the turbo that came stock on the 2JZ-GTE.

Hi.
I went for the twins of a skyline RB26 dett complete with all the pipes, these should spool up and work well at 8 to 10 psi boost, quite cheep in the UK on ebay.

Alan

Stock t25 turbos off of the 2.0L eclipse would be the best oem swap to a 4.0L UZ with regard to spool/choke. Instant spool with around 300-325whp easily on stock fuel/tune. Each one will flow 210bhp-230bhp each. A pair of CT20's would be the better pair if your looking for more hp.