Thinking about boosting my Tunda...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

slow camry

Hi guys, im new here and this seems like a good board for the many questions I'll have. To the point, im thinking about boosting my tundra (2uz-fe i know) adn was wondering if i could expect the same boosting characteristics that some of the turbo 1uz cars have gone though. I believe the 2uz has a lower compression ratio (9.5:1 i think), and im looking to go the single turbo route with an FMIC. I was thinking a 62-1 on around 8-10lbs would do the trick, but i am a newb to this. Im not sure what the injectors will take as well as the stock internals. I intend on dropping to a more boost friendly CR. So any input/help will be appreciated, Thanks.

Hey Welcome,

We need more tundra people here. I think the limite for most stock injectors is about 7-8 psi. If you want to run 8-10 psi then u would need to increase your injectors slightly. I am not sure the stock injectors size, but a slight step up would be ok. If you decide to use larger injectors, then u would need a piggyback computer to control those large injectors.

However, if you decide for more boost in the future, then larger injectors would be a good thing. The T62-1 would be fine for low boost.. but i would recommend larger turbo since u want to upgrade in the future. The best price for the bucks right now is the Master Power turbo. You can get it from Joe, a sponsor of this site. He has the best price on it.

The stock internals should able to handle at least 12 psi if tune properly....

2UZFE Vs. 1UZFE? I am sure other can answer that..

Anyway, i would like to personally welcome you here... we are family...

Thanks, im a long way financial wise from this, and all the work will be done by BoostLogic (has one of the fastest SC300 Turbo cars: 10.4 @ 142 with full interior and has built 9 sec. supras), and hopefully would be tuned by by Justin at tuninng concepts who has been responsible for tuning Peter Blachs 1100 rwhp supra. :) Plus i need to get the driveline work done first (valvebody upgrade, rear-end, and possibly a new driveshaft).

www.boostlogic.com

www.tuningconcepts.com if any one wants to look into these sites.