Think this turbo will work?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

brock

The turbo I got on ebay came in today. Paid $50 for it plus $40 shipping. It's a Holset turbo off of a 2007 Dodge 3500 truck with a 6.7 liter engine. It appears to be in good shape. Spins free and zero shaft play. For once it appears I got a good deal on a good part on ebay.
Turbo.jpg

It will work.. But you may find efficiancy may be at higher boost levels..
Is that variable vane tech ?? Or variable A.R ??
As used in most new diesel turbo motors.. It seems heat is an issue with this system working on petrol engines...

Yup, variable vane by the looks (that is variable a/r :) ). It'll work but buggered if i know how you go about it? and as XR says, heat is a big issue.

Worth a try if you can fabricate bits yourself, but i wouldn't try if i have to pay to get this to work

Attachments

• T56 to 1UZ 001 Water (Small).JPG
    T56 to 1UZ 001 Water (Small).JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 271
  • T56 to 1UZ 002 Water (Small).JPG
    T56 to 1UZ 002 Water (Small).JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 262
  • T56 to 1UZ 003 Water (Small).JPG
    T56 to 1UZ 003 Water (Small).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 262
It's a VGT (variable geometry turbo). So the vanes are fixed, but there's a collar that moves to change the amount of the turbine being used. Means fast spool, high boost. I will be doing the fab myself. Hopefully it works. But I've also got a pair of T3 turbos and a lysholm supercharger so I'll get something to work. For $50 I just couldn't pass up this turbo.