The true sleeper...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
those look like a lexus wheel and it looks like a drag radial on the rear. i fully believe that car can do 9s. hell its not even hard, just follow the directions to makeing a supra fast and do it to this car instead.

Those are SC400/Soarer rims indeed Jake with crome... Still I would like to see that car do a flat 9 second quarter mile... I believe you guys but I would still like to see that...

Breaking 11 seconds in a street legal car is hard enough but 9's with a stock look to boot, WOW... Talk about crazy sleepers!!!! That would then handle all the z06 vette's, Vipers, Porsche's, exotic's too... Kill them all with a flat 9..... Sign me up...

You know what, I took another look and changed my mind.... I claim forum SPICE!!! There is no way a Cressida that looks like that can do a "flat 9" in the quarter that is street legal..NO FRIGG'N WAY!!!!

:bsflag: I don't do this very often but the BS banner must fly...

This is what very high 9's look like with slicks...COME ON FELLAS, SERIOUSLY?????????

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/87-buick-T-Limited_146815.htm

I just can't picture a Cressida beating out this 87 Buick by a full second looking like that in that above post.. You guys are dreaming..

I see the time and picture of the car, but I don't see the vid..Very confusing website... I would like to see that Cressida do 9.36.. Still that is not 9 flat and I bet that Cressida doesn't look stock and have small radials too.. Betcha.... That gotta be the fastest Cressida too... Very impressive anyway...

This is mid to high 9's again with fat slicks.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVhV3Crjn58

the other thing we must look at what street legal here may not be street legal in the usa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOLf17I9VA4
it doesnt look that stock anymore due to the sponsors stickers

you cant count the whole usa as the same thing in this reguard, things are way diffrent from state to state, the state jibby lives in is an automotive nazi state where almost nothing is legal, where i live theres vurtually no laws and what laws there are no one is checking anyhow.

Well let's define a world driven street legal car as one that looks close to stock, has normal radials and not rear slicks, blinkers, bumpers, windows, etc..but can also be equiped with an after market turbo, charger, nos, etc.. Exhaust noise slightly above stock sounds...

Now my ride has Nos and headers and is not street legal but I never get hassled for it when driving in town, never......Key is keeping the noise levels down and the emissions on the lowdown and you are good in LA, California. USA...

Cops will pull you over here for big exhaust noise, blower petruding out of hood, etc.. do that and you are ruined most likely....

MVP found a gem...That is a rediculous Cressida and is almost what we are talking about......Very good.. I almost have to take down the BS flag on that one... I wonder if that cressida has slicks running on the rears? I didn't see much wheel spin in that vid which makes me wonder...

Jibby,

Yes it does run nines (OK 9.36) with boring reliability.

He's sunk a lot of money into it and he's got the time slips to show for it.

I think what Jibby maybe saying is that that car will not go 9's on the tire/wheel combo in the picture... I agree.

I am sure it has the power and can go 9's but it would take a true drag racing tire/wheel combo. So, the guy can and has gone that fast but not as pictured in this thread. Get some pics of the car actually at the track.

I think what Jibby maybe saying is that that car will not go 9's on the tire/wheel combo in the picture... I agree.

That is exactly what Jibby is saying and that is why I posted all the drag links in the above posts with cars running slicks with slower track times... Hopefully to show a point that it is almost impossible to think that a stock looking Cressida can do 9 seconds in the quarter mile running stock street tires and rims... Hey, the car obviously can be made to have the necessary power to run in the 9's and that I do not disagree with, it's the traction from a dig that I question severly...

Again, this Cressida running 9.3 shows 0 wheel spin at launch, grippy as hell which strongly leads me to believe he has grippy track slicks on the rears... A little detective race track forensic science for you folk....:cop:

Clint - It's Elvis for everybody on not the Beetles... My bad..:tongue2:

Read and view this world record claim on low profile street tires... This vid pretty much validates my points... High 9's too...

http://www.spike.com/video/turbo-viper-runs-9/2976402

On closer inspection that picture is at the track and definitely is running some sort of drag tire or circle track slick. Hard to say for certain but looks like the sidewalls are wrinkling.

Here is another pic and the rear tires are definitely WIDE. Stock SC/Soarer rims are what 6.5" maybe 7.0"? Maybe cut apart and widened?

Anyway, very stealthy indeed!!!

DSC_1612.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.