The search results for speed. money and looks...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
JBrady - you always did talk about the LSx engines in years past, I actually think it was one of your past posts that originally opened my eyes to the LSx sceen... Smart man indeed.... I think I remember Doherty talked about them too all the time..

SJsupra and 91 4runner - I've done bikes, been there done that...Not the same as sitting in a car and getting thrust back in your seat.. Hanging on for dear life to those handle bars isn't my cup of tea anymore...Granted most crotch rockets are hard to beat...

Ever experience handle bar slapping at high speeds? How about the back wheel hitting an oil spot or dirt patch around a fast turn and the back end start bouncing wickedly back and forth... What about front wheel pop up on full excelleration and to the point where you almost flip over... These are the little things that scared me the most from my years of riding very fast motorcycles... Needless to say other careless drivers on the road pose a threat too..... I do want to go fast but I also want to live to the next day to tell someone I went fast...

Some people supercharge these suckers too...Listen to the supercharged Z06..Wild!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBPwniMq6Yc

SJsupra and 91 4runner - I've done bikes, been there done that...Not the same as sitting in a car and getting thrust back in your seat.. Hanging on for dear life to those handle bars isn't my cup of tea anymore...Granted most crotch rockets are hard to beat...

Ever experience handle bar slapping at high speeds? How about the back wheel hitting an oil spot or dirt patch around a fast turn and the back end start bouncing wickedly back and forth... What about front wheel pop up on full excelleration and to the point where you almost flip over... These are the little things that scared me the most from my years of riding very fast motorcycles... Needless to say other careless drivers on the road pose a threat too..... I do want to go fast but I also want to live to the next day to tell someone I went fast...

Handle bar slapping???, You mean head shake?.... Thats why they make steating dampeners for starters. Yes, bikes are dangerous.. there is no doubt about that, but cars are just as dangerous on the street and with the exception of other careless drivers on the road, with the proper gear, an experianced rider will walk away from going down on a bike with a far less loss of money then a car accidant at 100mph.... I've had more friends die in car accidents then bike accidents and the ones that do die from bike accidents 9 times out of 10 are either riding normal and some idiot in a car kills them or they are being really stupid and inexperianced riders trying to do something they shouldn't be doing cause of thier lack of experiance.

And like 91_4X4runner stated, speed should only be used at the track, although, you could easily call me a hypocrite because of my past, but the key thing there is PAST. For starters, that video is about 7years old and you wont catch me doing stupid sh_t like that anymore, atleast not on the street. Nor do I really participate in type of street races even in a car... Im smart enough to not lose my liences nor get killed....

Top fuelers and funny cars do 1000 revs then get overhauled..
Think about it?? 5 Seconds .. Then towed back to pits ...
RPM, revs per minute and the motor runs under 5 seconds in anger!!
Our performance on road vehicles last much longer than that !!

Justen - I think the Farrari 430 spidey is a reasonably fast exotic that is expensive as hell - I think I can hang with Spidey 0-60mph in my SC400 to be honest in a short sprint...

Farrari 430 Spider -

- 0-62mph 4.2 seconds
- 490bhp @ 8500 rpms
- 343 torque 5250 rpms
- top speed 192mph
- fuel consumption 18.6 mpg
- Weight 1520 kg
- Price is more then you can afford..

Well Justen nice kill, but still even a stock 06 Z06 would pull on the Spider too...

Curious, How badly did you smoke it? More details please? Car lengths, how you pulled on it in what gears? Please do tell.....

Here is a supercharged Z06 vs. Ferrari Spider it's a joke - http://www.tremek.com/forum.gm-videos/40680-supercharged-corvette-c6-z06-vs-ferrari-f340.html Link failure hold on... Well the video showed the boosted Z06 destoying the 430 Ferrari by five car lengths in just a matter of seconds...

This forum is sick look at one of the thread that says "how long before Obama gets assassinated" you can see that on the link cover page, voting is taking place, just rediculous!!!

Those new Ford GT40's are actually called the Ford GT and they are wicked in stock form..Raced one and got used bad... Damn Ford won that race in the video too!!!! WOW.... Both the Viper and Vette had mechanical problems..Hmmm?

One very interesting note the Ford GT is running (to the best of my knowledge) the STOCK block engine!!!

I don't know what the Lingenfelter was running but there is a high output iron block called the LSX that has provisions for 6 bolt per cylinder head bolts.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=929781
DSC02550.jpg

Also, the supercharged Z06 video you posted is actually the previous generation known as the C5 body style. These are available at VERY reasonable prices.

Here is my buddies 1999 FRC (predecessor to the Z06 in 2001) which he purchased several years ago for $18k (not with those wheels).

I bolted headers on, added a big cam and the car made 400rwhp with a tune. I have been passenger at 165mph and accerating strong (and waiving the white flag of surrender as I am not a good passenger under such conditions)

Justen - I think the Farrari 430 spidey is a reasonably fast exotic that is expensive as hell - I think I can hang with Spidey 0-60mph in my SC400 to be honest in a short sprint...

Well Justen nice kill, but still even a stock 06 Z06 would pull on the Spider too...

Curious, How badly did you smoke it? More details please? Car lengths, how you pulled on it in what gears? Please do tell.....

Here is a supercharged Z06 vs. Ferrari Spider it's a joke - http://www.tremek.com/forum.gm-videos/40680-supercharged-corvette-c6-z06-vs-ferrari-f340.html Link failure hold on... Well the video showed the boosted Z06 destoying the 430 Ferrari by five car lengths in just a matter of seconds...

LOL on the circuit Jibbby not some lame arse highway roll on....1st corner and your SC wouldn't know which way the 430 went :) A stock Z06 would get done at the circuit as well...suspension and braking is far more important to going fast than grunt.

LOL on the circuit Jibbby not some lame arse highway roll on....1st corner and your SC wouldn't know which way the 430 went :) A stock Z06 would get done at the circuit as well...suspension and braking is far more important to going fast than grunt.

Not to mention skill and/or crazyiness. Going around a corner at speed requires some of both. During track events I have smoked Vettes and Porsches in my Corolla (but ONLY in the corners). My car corners very well, but I know I shouldn't beat those cars. Those drivers were not really pushing their cars--for whatever reason. I probably had a little more skill, a little more balls, and years more practice in my car than they did. Also, I trailer mine to the track--so I don't care if I spin out and break something, but those guys have to drive theirs home. Besides, my whole car cost less than a nice set of race wheels on a Vette, so I'm not out much even if the car is totalled. Maybe they just let me by for fear I was going to hit their $90K car.

These are the things I am thinking whenever I hear a story about someone beating this Porsche or that Ferrari on the street.

Mark

I think I can hang with Spidey 0-60mph in my SC400 to be honest in a short sprint...

Justy I never said turns, gees even though my SC400 is lowered with stiff suspension and has fat tires, with the total car weight combined with the automatic transmission I wouldn't even try to hang on a track... Give me a Z06 with some good tires and that manual tranny on a track and I am sure I would hang with a Ferrari as long as don't hit the wall trying to hard.....:tongue2: .

I've hammered a nice track running car before.. The Porsche C4 turbo and that was the last car I could remember that handled the best, like it was on rails... Weight in the rear of the car, AWD, and that turbo made that little Porsche move around the bends...I had alot of fun in that car until it started smelling of smoke and began to overheat..You can only beat on Porsche for so long before something goes wrong I guess.. Oh, and it also had a Go-cart feel to it.....

So you raced this Ferrari 430 on the track and won Justen? Is that what you are trying to say...If that is what you are saying then your car is not only fast but it can handle too...Impressive!!!!

JBrady, that C5 looks nice with those rims... The C5 comes with the LS3 6.2 Liter motor N/A if I am not mistaken...400bhp approximately in stock form, and 400whp with bolt on mods... That Vette can move nicely even with 400whp I am sure.. If the stock Z06 lays down 430whp then it's not that far off... Probably will do 0-60mph in under 4 seconds I am sure..

So you raced this Ferrari 430 on the track and won Justen? Is that what you are trying to say...If that is what you are saying then your car is not only fast but it can handle too...Impressive!!!!

Yes Jibbster that's what i'm 'trying' to say :)

Also a coupla Evo's, a 2.4 litre Sti, a 350rwkw Supra, a 2litre turbo PBR etc etc......smoked em all :) closest was the Supra a coupla sec a lap slower

Yes Jibbster that's what i'm 'trying' to say :)

Also a coupla Evo's, a 2.4 litre Sti, a 350rwkw Supra, a 2litre turbo PBR etc etc......smoked em all :) closest was the Supra a coupla sec a lap slower

Dude, you must really have some driving skills and balls Justen... Track racing is not for the weak at heart, and if your beating all those cars like you say then must have a very fast car and you probably are a very good driver..Kuddo's!!! That sounds like fun, as long as you don't crash...:beerchug:

Just - Ever spin out harmlessly on the track or lose control racing? How about a car bump or rub with another? I always thought you just raced your car on the straights...:oops:

I always thought you just raced your car on the straights...:oops:

Nope, i just do drags for shits and giggles..... the car is built for the twisty bits :)

No rubbing panels, these are just tracks days so passing only allowed on the straights.

Had a cracker spin off the end of the straight just this last day....tried to take turn one at 200+kph (usually a 190kph corner) and started to brake for turn 2 before i had the car straight enough.....bye bye. That little effort cost me a pair of tyres :( Still, go hard or go home i say :)