"The Fish" Might be back

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Gang,

I have been getting lots of email regarding my Vortech supercharger setup I made few years ago. If demand is high enough I can bring it back. I sold my prototype for a Soarer owner in Australia and he is making good hp from it. I am just thinking a none intercooled 6 psi kit for the Soarer/SC400 and Celsior/LS400. It will look something like this:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

George made 276 rwhp on 5psi with the Vortech....

Dave-o,

I tried emailing you earlier this year about the fish as was after the template for the bracket. I actually have a Vortech in my garage that I bought because it was so cheap. I'm still undecided on Centrifugal of twin turbo and would be interested on the price of the bracket templare.

I can get it maunfactured here in the UK and saves taxes on shipping a foreign component. Would you be interested in passing on the drawings/dimensions rather than an actual part??

Mark

We can work something out. Actually if fund available I am trying to upgrade the bracket with possible Procharger D1SC. No oil tapping just direct bolt on 6 psi. No intercooler..

How about a Vortech supercharger kit and a T04 turbo kit? The members can choose either one kit to install. If those kits are made available, the SC400 or LS400 fans will gain popularity among those so-called "Big Boys" club. This "Big Boys" club requires a minimum of 400 hp car.

I am still trying to price the Procharger D1SC. Procharger is little more expensive then Vortech. I will call on Tuesday to get the price on the head unit.

Hi Dave,

I toyed with either the Vortech or the Procharger D1 or P1 but to be honest after much research my original preference to Procharger depleted as reading between the lines most of Prochargers claimed figures and advantages appear more marketing bullsh*t than solid fact.

Therefore when the Vortech came up here in the UK cheap enough I went for it. I also feel happier having a proper oil supply rather than the Prochargers self cotained unit. Sure I'm sure the self contained is ok for qtr mile runs but I'm concerned that a few hours of hard driving will cook the Procharger self contained oil systems.

Please let me know a price for the fish template is possible. T o be honest I'm on a tight budget so it's only a tentative and speculative enquiry at the moment.

Many thanks
Mark

Helllo Skid,

I have been running a ATI F1SC for about 5 years now and not a problem at all. Procharger (aka ATI) is little pricy. Vortech is not complete out of the questions either.

F1SC? Isn't that quite a large charger? Wha is it in then? Also as self contained can it handle several hours of hard driving constantly on and off the throttle?

Basically I have the Vortech already so if I go with Supercharger then I will use it. However still tempted with twin turbo. Hmmmmmm......

So isa there a CAD file or similar for the fish?

Thanks Mark

David,
I've measured the cleanrances behind the radiator. I think there're a lot of room for a big "Fish" or "Flying Duck". I'm running two 12" fans and they're more efficient than the stock hydro fan, so there's no need to run two 14". With these 12" fans, we have more room to play with.