Supra 6 Speed Differential

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Anyone know where I can get the Supra 3.266 differential gear. I think they are interchangeable with SC400. Stock Supra TT with 3.266 and SC400 with 3.916 and would like to reduce the ratio for better gas mileage especially with the 3 speed TH400.

Anyone know what is the rear dif ratio for the 1997-2000?

That does NOT fit mate.
There are two series differential sizes in these cars. The A... series and the B... series.
The A series are what you would call the 'supra non turbo' pumpkin. They have an 8 inch (203mm) crownwheel.
The B series made it to the Euro spec twin turbo supras (all) and to the US and JDM spec supras only in the 6 speed manuals (until april 1996). These have a 8.7 inch (221mm) crownwheel and I think they all have torsen lockers as a standard.
The SC400 has a 'A...' series pumpkin so you need the whole pumpkin from the 'B...' series, not only the internals!

Yups I asked if that fits the LS400 but I'm not sure. I will pull some diffs out over the weekend and do some comparison

David, I'd talk to DaveH if I were you; maybe he can give you some ideas for the diff and other areas. With the kind of torque you're going to be laying down with that twinturbo 5.2L motor, your whole drivetrain is going to lead a pretty tough life from now on.

You've already gotten rid of the well known weak spot, which was the puny A340E, but what will be the new weak spot? The driveshaft, diff, half shafts, etc.?

And if you put some fat grippy rubber on the rear end, I'm betting you will find the new weak spot in the system pretty quickly.

I'd probably be looking around for a complete 6spd Supra diff. The early ones had a larger, stronger ring gear, and the USDM ratio was a 3.13. The JDM ratio was a 3.26, but they're hard to come by in the USA.

David, here's a 3.26 from a later GS, not the Supra. Think it should fit your pumpkin?: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480715

And it's our member Aliga who has it.

This is a bolt in on the SC

David, I'd talk to DaveH if I were you; maybe he can give you some ideas for the diff and other areas. With the kind of torque you're going to be laying down with that twinturbo 5.2L motor, your whole drivetrain is going to lead a pretty tough life from now on.

You've already gotten rid of the well known weak spot, which was the puny A340E, but what will be the new weak spot? The driveshaft, diff, half shafts, etc.?

And if you put some fat grippy rubber on the rear end, I'm betting you will find the new weak spot in the system pretty quickly.

I'd probably be looking around for a complete 6spd Supra diff. The early ones had a larger, stronger ring gear, and the USDM ratio was a 3.13. The JDM ratio was a 3.26, but they're hard to come by in the USA.

I got to go with John on this. Get a 6 speed diff, you will need the left axle from the TT car to make it fit, plus a custom drive shaft. I just bolted in the complete TT 6 speed subframe assembly.