identifying supra 5 speed

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mates

hey guys , well ive done a search and ic ant find anything answering this exactly , but basically i ahve a mate selling a supra 5 speed w series which is what i need for my conversion yet i want to make sure its a supra box before i buy it id hate to get a hilux or celica box by accident cause they are a dime a dozen and ive already got a stock w series hilux box, so how can i identify it as being a supra 5 speed and nothing else ? is there anyway without opening it and even if i openbed it i wouldnt know how to tell.

so yeh if anyone can help me out that would be great !

i tihnk supra 5 speed is W58 ?? and hilux is W55 is that correct anyway any help would be good .

If it's steel case it's a celica box (W50). Alloy case with alloy gear carrier (big plate in centre of casings will be W55/W57. Both of these are still 'Supra' boxes. If it has a steel carrier plate it's a W58. Much of a muchness once beyond W50...the W58 is only marginally stronger than a 55/57. Comes down to ratios and they will all be good enough.

thanks man for clearing that part up , now i guess my main concern is do they have any markings on the box to identify it ive been told on toymods that they dont ahve any markings and id have to pull the box apart and even then id have to know what im looking at but i find it strange for no part numbers or anything to be stamped or cast into the housing itself ?

Yeah toyo is a bitch like that for some reason. Steel sandwich plate is def W58, alloy is 55 or 57. If the price is right i would run it regardless. None will be bad and diff ratio has a far greater effect.

well i pick up the box early this week my mate bought it cheap off one of hisf riends whos not suing it anymore and has said i can have it so i guess il be oweing him some beers. so i guess when i pick it up il find out what it is by working out the ratio , either way il run it and if it breaks then no big loss.