UZFE with Supra 6 Speed Tranny

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
MWP said:
I dont think the V160/V161 is that much stronger than a R154 though.
It is a lot more to pay for an extra gear.
AAAAAAAA, HAHahhaahahahaha...Ohhhh my no....

Eric

MWP, 340i, deankdx, grahamd - nice info. always good to know what the intentions were for a top gear (didnt know the hsv has 2 overdrives - though that doesnt surprise me at all).

pity that bellhousings aren't as readily available for the R154 (not to mention the boxes themselves) as they are for the W5x series. i think CRS is the only option in aus thus far.
cowboy bepop - put the crack pipe down :)

fuzz - sorry to come in on the posting late but you can fit an R154 to a 1UZ using he auto bellhousing and 2 x 10mm aluminium packing plates. If you can use handtools it's not that hard to do.

I assume that the HSV has the T56 box same as the SS. My SS is only doing about 1500rpm @ 120kph. Will check that on the weekend out on the highway.
I know that when you come into a 80kph speed zone you have to drop back a gear to 5th as it is too slow for the engine. For a 60kph zone usually go back to 4th.

In my Lexus IS200 (fitted with 1JZ and Getrag) I can drive round town in 5th gear easily. Different ratios for different purposes. You need to match the diff ratio, gearbox ratios and engine power outputs when cross matching these things.

mwp - the Getrag is rated at 500Nm and has significant more bearing strength than the R154. However, as long as you weren't going to thrash it too much either would survive behind the 1UZ. If you are going to dump hundreds of kw into the box you can't go pass the Getrag for survival.

grahamd said:
you can fit an R154 to a 1UZ using he auto bellhousing and 2 x 10mm aluminium packing plates. If you can use handtools it's not that hard to do.
i can bash two bricks together.. i think that counts.. :)

you've peaked my interest with this, but it doesn't explain much - so i can physically bolt the box to the bellhousing, but what about mounting my slave cylinder and clutch fork etc? the placement would need to be pretty precise. can you point me in the right direction for more info on this option?

grahamd said:
the Getrag is rated at 500Nm and has significant more bearing strength than the R154. However, as long as you weren't going to thrash it too much either would survive behind the 1UZ. If you are going to dump hundreds of kw into the box you can't go pass the Getrag for survival.
good info as well.. anyone know what W5x and R154 boxes are rated to in Nm?

ahh.. i see.. the slave cylinder is on the spline on an R154. didn't know much about these boxes - obviously ;)

well i'm quite interested now, trading in the cost of a custom bellhousing for an upgrade of the box (was going to go down the W58 route) sounds like a damn fine idea.