speed sensor in supra r154 gearbox

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jtjerry

hi
I preparing manual swap for my sc400. I have two r154 from mk3 supras turbo gearboxes (secon box cost me $80 so must bought it).
I still have problems with speedo sensor. stock r154 from soarer use electronic speed sensor but supra mk3 use cable type. How can I convert it to electronic one? Some one can make picture soarer transmission?
Supra mk3 r154 use electronic sensor but it is for ABS (wondering if it will work with my sc400 ABS???)
can someone help me with that eletrical problems?
some pics my supra r154:
cable sensor

ABS sensor

thanks
Jerry

I have made a speed sensor to fit with parts from a mr2 turbo mk3 speed sensor. The mr2 type is electrical, but the shaft is too long. So I shortened the shaft and used some parts from the supra sensor to get it together.

It now fits, but I have not had the chance to try it yet.

You may find that the Supra one is not actually a cable speedo, but has an adaptor that screws into the thing you removed, and sends a digital signal to the speedo.
Late MX83's will probably have this.

Problem is that the MX83 output is 20pulse/rev, where as the Soarer speedo needs 4pulse/rev.
So you'll need a speedo corrector of sorts to use it.

Failing that you can remove the rear housing from the Soarer tranny and put it on the Supra tranny, thus transferring all the sensors over.